• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

OCD disc golf

My discs always have to be in the order I put them in, if theyre not I have to take them all out and re-order them to make sure they're all in the right place.

All white discs (that can be a challenge for some molds) and for those I can't find white, black.

Discs wiped off after a throw, placed in order of p/a - mid - driver in the bag. Regularly washed, nicks filed flat, smooth.

I work on my weakness, relentlessly sticking a knife in my discing friends, sometimes twisting it if desired effect is not reached. I lurked at a couple of disc golf forums till I found one I liked then honed in on a few members to learn.

I decided that guys that drag carts along are open season as are guys that primarily roll their discs.

OCD is a big part of disc golf for me.

...I like it.

discs.jpg

I couldn't EDIT the message above to include my picture!!!

Why can't I EDIT my post.

I thought I could EDIT my post.

I used to be able to EDIT my post.

Why are you looking at me?

And the Wahoo has abrasions on the facing edge, I'm going to have to touch that one up a little.

It's killing me, I can't stand it, nooooo o oooo o o

Last edited:
I have to have my disc in order of putters, mids, fairway drivers and drivers, and each of those goes in order of stability, most overstable to most understable. I also prefer to carry multiples of two as with everything else in life, but I can deal with an odd number of discs.

And why is there a "Last edited by hangwind" stamp at the bottom, can't this be fixed? I mean, it should matter to no one. They wouldn't be bothered by why I edited my post. Isn't there a way to get rid of that. Do we have to have the "Last edited..." on our posts if we change our mind?

Why can't I be in charge?

Why isn't the world perfect?

And that guy got a post in between mine?

He wasn't supposed to do that.

And now this whole thing is ruined.

I'm not going to play with you guys anymore.

I'm obsessive compulsive about spitting on the tips of my fingers on my throwing hand and rubbing my fingers together before I throw my tee shot.

I know, I know... Not only is it unhygienic but it is also nasty looking. I dont give a #@$% though.

are you OCD about anything when it come to dg? mine have to do with by bag arrangement...i always put arrange my bags from left to right according to the speed with slower discs on the left. And no discs of the same color can be right next to each other ( i have actually taken a disc out of the bag because it didn't fit the pattern).
anyone else got any odd tendencies or compulsions?

I do more or less the same thing. Although I've never removed one for breaking the pattern. Only real exception is I put my Firebird at the far end of my drivers as I never use it. And mine go L to R.

discbag.jpg

My OCD thing that throws me off is being stuck in between a large group playing juuuust fast enough to make playing through hard, and in front of a group that insists on throwing the second our last putt goes in.

I literally cannot play.

This,

If I'm in a large group and moving slow that's one thing, although I am paranoid if someone comes up behind us that we're going to bother them as much as I am bothered by it. But an entire round can be ruined if I get stuck behind a group and can't quiet catch up to pass them. Oh and if I can't play all 18 for some reason or have to skip a hole, ruins my sense of symmetry.

No gimmies!. No matter what kind of round, my disc has to hit the chains to end the hole. In money play your disc needs to do the same. I'll go for swiping the chains on a drop in but if the putt is more than arm's length, putt it.

are you OCD about anything when it come to dg? mine have to do with by bag arrangement...i always put arrange my bags from left to right according to the speed with slower discs on the left. And no discs of the same color can be right next to each other ( i have actually taken a disc out of the bag because it didn't fit the pattern).
anyone else got any odd tendencies or compulsions?

I do this. all are in order of speed and stability.

During tournamemts when I have the scorecard, once I have done the number of holes I'm supposed to score, if I have honors in the group, I'll keep the card until I lose honors unless someone else in the group asks to keep score.

No gimmies!. No matter what kind of round, my disc has to hit the chains to end the hole. In money play your disc needs to do the same. I'll go for swiping the chains on a drop in but if the putt is more than arm's length, putt it.

so true!! i played a round with a sixteen year old kid who tried to take everything under six feet as a gimme and i made him make every putt...why do you want to play a hole and not finish? none of us would be here today if our parents did that!

It drives me insane when people pump their disc a thousand times. Not only do you look stupid, you miss your putt half the time you do it anyways.

AND, you're holding us and the people behind us up because you have to take your sweet little time doing your meaningless routine.

The first tee or two is understandable, but why are you pumping anything more than twice on hole number 17?

Just throw the damn thing already.

Latest posts