• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

ODRB ITB

This barred owl snagged this rat right in front of me at Blue today.

In the Nufus, L->R

1 Glow Champ OLF
Coffee
3 stiff Star Thunderbirds
3 fist run/ zippertop SOLFs
Star Toro
Champ Classic Roc
4-Time Kenny Champ Glow Roc
3 KC Rocs
2 Quantum Velas

Up top:
2 Star Invaders
1 Star AviarX3
1 Halo Star Sonic

Attachments

• IMG_0727.jpeg
    IMG_0727.jpeg
    616.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0721.jpeg
    IMG_0721.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0720.jpeg
    IMG_0720.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 0
Sunny McCormick round last evening.

3 Thunderbirds
3 SOFs
2 Velas
4 Rocs
3 Toros
3 Invaders

1 Sonic

Sunset Blue Lake.

3 overstable Star thunderbirds
6 Orion LFs (Glow, 1.6S, 1.4S, 1.1S x3)
2 Quantum Velas
4 Rocs (4x Glow Champ, 3 KCs)
1 Star Toro/ 1 Star AviarX3
3 Star Invaders

Morning Blue.

4 Star Destroyers
4 OLFs
2 Velas
4 Rocs
1 Toro/ 1 AviarX3
3 Invaders

I do not think I will ever put Destroyers back in my bag again. Thunderbirds will go back.

Maybe got 15' out of Destroyers, on a few pulls here and there. Not worth the inconsistent feel and release as compared to Thunderbirds and OLFs. Heck, as an added bonus, I can probably make a nice little stack of cash parting with all my OG Destroyers.

Last edited:
Pier quickie, midday.

3 Thunderbirds/ 4 Orion LFs
2 Velas
4 Rocs
I toro/ 1 AviarrX3/ 1 Invader
2 KC Aviars

Morning Blue.

4 Star Destroyers
4 OLFs
2 Velas
4 Rocs
1 Toro/ 1 AviarX3
3 Invaders

I do not think I will ever put Destroyers back in my bag again. Thunderbirds will go back.

Maybe got 15' out of Destroyers, on a few pulls here and there. Not worth the inconsistent feel and release as compared to Thunderbirds and OLFs. Heck, as an added bonus, I can probably make a nice little stack of cash parting with all my OG Destroyers.
dibs

Two laps at McCormick for Rob's birthday.

2 Thunderbirds
5 OLFs
2 Velas
4 Rocs
1 Toro/ 1 AviarX3
2 Invaders
2 BB Aviars

Motherlode? Please do tell
Paul's other course up there on that hill. Still a little rough, with natural teepads (mostly) and some brush left to burn and clear, but so fantastic. IMO, longer and better and harder than Caliber.

Was texting with Paul a couple days ago-- he says he got a few of the tees finished up there, and will have over half done before the snow falls.

Morning Blue.

4 Star Destroyers
4 OLFs
2 Velas
4 Rocs
1 Toro/ 1 AviarX3
3 Invaders

I did the same thing three years ago and haven't looked back. Do you have short fingers and big palms?

I did the same thing three years ago and haven't looked back. Do you have short fingers and big palms?
I have done it a few times over the years for months at a time, and did it earlier this year, spring I think. It is going to stick this time.

Yes. Big fat hamburger patties for palms with baby carrots sticking off, posing as "fingers".

But grip isn't really the limiting factor--Just nothing really gained by going faster over throwing cleaner and more consistent with my 9 speeds.

Had one of those days playing the new 20 hole Pier Park winter layout.

Bogey free -11. The band from C2 on 20 was among the worst noises I've ever heard.

2 Thunderbirds/ 5 Orion LFs
2 Velas
4 Rocs
1 Toro/ 1 Champ Classic Roc
1 AviarX3/ 3 BB Aviars

Pier this morning.

Blue Lake this afternoon.

Beautiful autumn foliage on a flat grey sky.

2 Velas
4 Rocs
1 AviarX3/ 3 Big Bead Aviars

Fletch wanted to play Pier.

2 Velas
4 Rancho Rocs
1 AviarX3/ 3 BB Aviars

McCormick looked electric all foliage fire and neon green.

2 Thunderbirds/5 OLFs
2 Velas
4 Rancho Rocs
1 Toro/ 1 CCR
1 AviarX3/ 3 Aviar BBs

Blue Lake between rains.

2 Thunderbirds
5 Orion LFs
2 Velas
4 Rancho Rocs
1 Toro/ 1 CCR
1 AviarX3/ 3 BB Aviars

Sun was shining. BSF layout at Milo. Got all 36.

This custom ballistic Rufus has some mods I asked nicely for, and is the best bag I can imagine. I love it.

Left column: 2 Star Thunderbirds and a 1.7 Star OLF. My overstable distance drivers. All have dome and glide and high speed stability and I can MASH on them. Or throw them in the open in the wind. I trust these three. That wiped Thunderbird is wildly overstable, for the record. Both the Thunderbirds have 0 turn. The 1.7 SOLF is max weight and pretty new, but has a hint of turn from day one and will really drift if you get over the top on it.

Second column: 1 Glow OLF and 3 First Run SOFs. All super flat. Flat Orions have more turn and fade (domey ones are straighter, like Thunderbirds.) These range from -.5/2.5 to -2/.5. All my touchy distance lines and turnovers. Even rollers. If I have to hit a gap, it's a flat Orion. Been my favorite drivers for years. But they're not what I throw for open distance. Oh, and that Glow is my favorite FH disc. We OLF guys waited YEARS for these. And they're rad.

Two Champ Veagles. I mean Velas. I mean Eagle3s. Yeah, they're just flat Eagle Xs. One is more overstable than the other. Probably -.5/2.5 and -1/2 They fly like shorter flat OLFs. Fantastic fairway drivers. Flat Eagles are great.

4 Rancho Rocs. From 0/3 to -2/0. Plus, Kenny 4X Mojo.

1 Star Toro and one Champ Ontario Classic Roc. Toro is pure beef. Significantly more OS than my Color Glow Toro. It's awesome. Nate gave it to Levi gave it to me. Old CCR is -1/2. I can make it work a ton of lines BH and FH. Plus MOJO for days. The crazy part is how similar the Toro and CR are in feel and profile. I'll have to take a picture.

AviarX3 and 3 Big Bead Aviars. AX3 is a beadless Rhyno. It'll glide out but won't go too fast or too far. Will hold anny. Will hold hyzer. But it's seeing less work since switching from Invaders to BBs. BBs have more overstability than Invaders, for sure-enough stability for ranged/hyzer approaches. These matching KCs have The Champ autograph mojo. And great 2010 plastic. That Nexus Aviar Driver is grippy even when dripping wet, and flies straighter than KCs. But I honestly prefer a DX Big Bead in that spot. I like throwing these Aviars, but they're slower and glidier than Invaders. I probably like throwing Invaders HARD a little better. But I've never been happier with putting putters than I am with these. So….

Attachments

• IMG_0896.jpeg
    IMG_0896.jpeg
    5.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0897.jpeg
    IMG_0897.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Pier park.

Same as above, except a 30th Anniversary Glow DX Big Bead instead of they Nexus BB.

Latest posts