• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Official 2014 DGCR Secret Santa Thread

Finally signed up for one!

Rocs- 177ish, XT, like older DX or stiff KC
Ghosts- 177ish, Gravity (white or yellow), Protégé
PD- 170ish G Line
Teebirds- 170ish JL, flat Star (*T's are best)
Wraiths- Star, 167g+
BB Aviars- max weight, KC Glow, XT
SS Warlocks- max weight
Stickers
Innova, Discraft, Gateway, Discmania T shirt (size medium)

Dislikes:
Trilogy, MVP
>speed 11 drivers

Missed the edit window, here's a few more notes:

Teebirds- 170ish new Echo Star
Leopards- 170ish, Star or Echo Star
Comets- 176ish, Big Z, Elite X

Dislikes:

Dark colors

A few more:

Icon Outlaw ~168ish
Soft Neutron Envy ~max weight

I'm in!!

Likes: Thunderbirds; Gstar or glow terns; Cobras; wedges; warlocks; cool dg swag (t-shirts, hats, etc.); local swag; anything really.

Dislikes: I don't throw much Discraft, but I'm not real picky.

Shirt size: XL
Hat size: L/XL

Couple more things I thought of:
Local brews
Gold line Misslen

RE-LIST for me:

+Tourney stamps!! +Metal flakes / sparkles!!

Likes / Throws :

Like 165g to max for drivers and at or near max for putters and mids
Millennium - Quasars, Scorpious, Any LFs, Any LSs, QMS
Discraft - Comet, Meteor, any True Mids
Innova - Star Katana, Ch Terns, Flat Ch Destroyer, Any Roc3, McPro Roc3, any Roc (+flat tops), Ch Leopard, TeeBirds, Firebirds, Any Big Bead Aviars (driver, kc, yeti, jk..)

Want to try :

Vibram - any putter or mid :thmbup:
Innova - A replacement for CE flat top Valks?
DGA - Any fairways
DareDevil - Any disc
Legacy - Any fairway (no ghosts)
Any brand big bead aviar clone
Any brand big lid discs
Any brand matched pair of putters
Brighter colors (I play 4 season disc)

Dislikes:
Pro D plastic anything
DX drivers
Trilogy (have tried a ton in field, then resold)
Buzzz (got tons)
Cyclones (got tons)
Magnets (got tons)
Blizzard / Air
Two piece discs
Grooved / tracked / textured
Microbrews (yes, this is a dislike)

Misc:

Shirt Large, hat M/L
Like cool minis
Like small tools
Like drink Coozies
Would love to try birdie beads
Like home dyes / spins / stencils (no violent or gory subject.. bad juju)
I do not care about ink unless it is huge
MLB - Stl Cardinals
Hannah-Barbera cartoons
Salty snacks (+Asian type)

just over an hour left, waiting on 1 confirmation, last minute stragglers and then the names will be sent tomorrow.

make sure to see updated post from me once names go out as to the next steps that need to be taken

Update time:

The lists have been sent to B3nder and Awallen to be distributed to you all today. Once you receive, remember to follow the next set of rules as listed:

2) Post pictures of your package when it arrives.

3) Delivery confirmation is mandatory!!! When you ship, please either PM B3nder, Awallen90 or email it to [email protected]. The information as to your shipping delivery method of choice needs to be entered so we know everyone has received. The 2013 thread is a great example of what is needed. http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums...ad.php?t=98012 Post #1 rule #3, you can't miss it, it says google form.

5) Packages MUST be mailed no later than December 24th.
Also once you ship, if you want to give clues about where it might be happened, feel free to do this. This is kind of fun for people to try and figure out who they have.

Once again a big thanks go to B3nder and AWallen90 for their help. I am already looking forward to running another one of these for July and then next December and will be on top of the ball better for next year.

Last edited:
I have sent out my list, if you received your list from me and have any questions, please let me know. :thmbup:

I have sent out my list, if you received your list from me and have any questions, please let me know. :thmbup:

My list is out now as well. If anyone has not received their message please let us know. Thanks everyone, now let's get some sweat packages out. Merry Christmas and a happy new year to all!

I signed for two...

Number 1 is too easy. May well have everything on his likes list in back-ups, field boxes, and storage.

Number 2, this will take some thought. Might be accessory and swag heavy. Unique individual.

I am nearly finished packing up. I always like to send large packages. This year I have told myself minimum value $100. The question becomes will you be receiving one of these packages?

1st Clue: The states I am sending to are either touching my state (illinois) or touching a state that is touching illinois.

2nd Clue: One of these states has more vowels than consonants. (example Arizona falls in this category)

3rd Clue: Two of these states have the same number of vowels as the Username of their recipient.

That's all I have for now. I will post some more teasers later so stay tuned.

Mine are going out today

1st persons hint. If You multiply every number in Your zip code in order it will equal 600. For example (39521 3x9x5x2x1 = 270)

2nd person hint. You are from a southern state on the east coast. Your state has an NFL team that many people hate and MLB team that many people love.

Mailed number one today with a Friday afternoon estimate.

The recipient digs on Discraft's most magical mid and the signature discs of a man that went to the University of Northern Iowa. Very likely loves Taco Time.

Mine are going out today

1st persons hint. If You multiply every number in Your zip code in order it will equal 600. For example (39521 3x9x5x2x1 = 270)

2nd person hint. You are from a southern state on the east coast. Your state has an NFL team that many people hate and MLB team that many people love.

2nd has got to be Georgia (Falcons & Braves)

Which brings up the question of how many people have a Zip that equals 600?:D

99 out of 42,522 Zip codes match this criteria with an estimated population of 443,397. Expand these stats to that of the world 3,035,749,340 Internet users 52,819 of which have DGCR accounts. .0017% of the internet have DGCR accounts. Meaning 8 people have DGCR accounts in the zip codes mentioned. I will pair this down to North America. 300,287,577 internet users 78 users in the zip codes provided. Approximately 25 people participated in this Secret Santa so 1 out of every 2,113. And 1 our of 678 live in zip codes of these criteria.

Summary: 312% chance it is coming to me :clap: :clap: :clap:

*Note I stand behind none of my math*