• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Official 2014 DGCR Secret Santa Thread

Wasn't sure if you were a coffee drinker Von but that coffee came from one of my disc golf buddies here who actually owns the coffee shop.

Glad Candy liked the toy, tried to get close to NC State colors since we don't carry NC State up here in Iowa. Funny thing is that my wife has relatives that used to live in Hickory but have now moved to Huntersville (I think that is the town) outside Charlotte

142youq.jpg

Thank you Santa - X !

Nice OJ BB Avair!
Sparkle Wraith!
Birdie Beads! - be wanting to try them
Minis
Airhead assortment
Warmers - always handy
Mini flash light and clip
and
A badass Static-X shirt!

Super super happy. Thank you again!

Last edited:
My package was shipped out on Christmas eve. Traveling slow won't be there until next Monday. But I hope the wait will be worth it.

In the meantime Santa made a delivery to my house.
t03v48.jpg

Icon Patriot
Hand Eye Warden
Goat Snatch Disc Golf towel.
Very Nice. Thank you very much Santa.

My second package shows as delivered, but my SS has not posted a pic....I'm losing my sanity.

I think I revived one today and will post pictures in a bit. I also include picks from the first one that I forgot about.

Got my package today:
16097935361_ba28e55b43_c.jpg

2011 Ace Race disc(Zeppelin, I think), Money putter, and a US-1 upshot disc(putter).

Nothing from my wish list, but there was an old guitar tuner, some birdie beads, a beanie, and a set of Ferrari stickers from 9 years ago when they still ran 3.0L V10s.

I'm happy with it, I'm always much more a giver than a receiver!

Any interest in any of these? I won't throw em, and can't dye em.
The Zeppelin is used, probably a 9/10, just some scuffing, no ink. 182g
The US-1 looks unused, just old, reallllly old. 170g
The Money doesn't look used, inked at 178-179g

Last edited:
image-2.jpg

All I could say was WOW. I can't even describe words. Honestly I think I love the Stormtrooper dye more just because it pops with that sparkle behind it. I don't know how you guys do it but I just have to applaud all the dyers out there. Seriously speechless.

Discs are

Roadrunner
SSS Wizard (Charleston Classic)
Sparkle Tern (Stormtrooper)
E-Wizard (Viking)
Suspect (Charlotte Am)
Pure
Salient Disc (no clue but feels decent in the hand)

And black licorice and horehounds, YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMY

image-2.jpg

Discs are

Roadrunner(not just any RR, straight from your wish list, an unthrown, PRE-FLIGHT NUMBER RR!)
SSS Wizard (Charleston Classic)(you said you liked Wizards, and the CC is one of my favorite tourneys for the two courses)
Sparkle Tern (Stormtrooper)(said you needed a replacement Tern, and I've been saving that sweet sparkle Tern! And you hinted at a Star Wars dye, so there ya go)
E-Wizard (Viking)(never stamped, one of the prizes from Okthrowberfest! The colors came out PERFECT)
Suspect (Charlotte Am)(In the plastic you asked for! I have this exact disc, this was my backup, but I love it so much and you wanted to try some DD, so I thought this would be perfect)
Pure(just a thrower, nothing more or less)
Salient Disc (no clue but feels decent in the hand)(Antidote, super flippy mid, maybe better for beginners but just another disc and mfr to try)

And black licorice and horehounds, YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMY(figured if you liked black licorice, you'd like horehound as well :) )

Glad you liked it all, and the Green Bay disc from Bad Santa ;) Let me know how they throw!

Last edited:
I am sure that everyone here wants Bennett to be our REGULAR SANTA!

Super sweet SS setup, sweet plastic and some awesome dyes :hfive.

You lost me black licorice though...:sick:...you guys must be old souls if you like that stuff. Only older generations like it, that was considered candy BEFORE FLAVOR and SWEETENERS were created :eek:!

Thank you Secret Santa. Awesome Package!!

The Extras:
Roasted Almonds (Love almonds)
Hot Hands (will definitely get used here in Illinois)
Birdie Bag (I have about the sweetest hands on the planet :)
Innova Towel (can always use towels)
And the sweetest polo ever (love the bright color, perfect fit)

The discs:
Sparkle APX (never thrown an APX in premium plastic, looking forward to trying it out)
Sweet Star Destroyer (Just plain amazing!!)
And hiding underneath everything in the bottom of the box, which I love how it was packed: Champion Roc3 Proto Stamped (absolutely perfect, heavy, super flat and stiff. I absolutely love this disc!!)

Again HUGE HUGE HUGE thanks to my secret santa, super awesome package and everything will get used. Thank you!!!!!!!!

CA3B4FC1-5B53-422A-BE52-1C4069C80193_zpszigtlvka.jpg

got both of mine last week...opened em up on christmas. everything is awesome. couple beat star wraiths, couple new putters to try, buzzz, striker, 150 sw, new coffee cup (which i really needed). hopefully get to try this coffee too, but i need to find someone with grinder.

everything really is awesome...thanks secret santas

Still waiting. Seeing all these great packages makes the wait even tougher. Hoping mine comes early this week!

Edit: My SS reached out to me with delivery details. Package was delivered last week but I never saw it. In the process of getting in touch with my post office to hopefully find the package. The one week of the year that USPS leaves packages at my door and something goes missing.

I was naughty this year and was delayed until sending my package today. I also won't be able to open my package until I return home on the 31st...

Awesome.

For number two I felt a bit hampered with not much much of a wish list post to work with.
Just ran with a 'putters and us light weight drivers to give away to a noob if receiver no like' and snacks theme.

Edit: My SS reached out to me with delivery details. Package was delivered last week but I never saw it. In the process of getting in touch with my post office to hopefully find the package. The one week of the year that USPS leaves packages at my door and something goes missing.

UPDATE:
Package was either misdelivered or stolen. My normal mail carrier said it was a holiday runner that delivered the package last monday. I guess this is the reason they leave a note telling me to pick up my packages at the post office every other week of the year.
Based on my SS clues I had a feeling it was going to be a great gift.