• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

OKTHROWBERFEST X -- VOTING POLL

Pick your 2 (TWO) Favorites

• Total voters
i don't think there are enough votes left to change the outcome... go on prove me wrong ;)

Heh... I liked Okthrowberfest X!!! Great work dyers!

Last day to vote, Florida notwithstanding.

WOOT!
This poll is closed.

Congratulations to the winners. A full list of the artists is coming this morning. Feel free to talk about your work now dyers.

All dyers and the sharpie submission will get prize table stuffs. I'll PM the list this weekend to all the artists.

Congratulations to twistedmangled! Defending Okthrowberfest 2017 champ takes the Okthrowberfest X dye competition with Pretty Princess!!! Amazing detail...background elements giving depth... detailed patterning in the Princess' "skin"...and that smile is something like a Mona Lisa. What is she thinking about with that grotesquely sweet expression? Twistedmangled has some real depth in his work and is turning out to be a force to reckon with!

Honorable mentions across the field...solid work, interesting perspectives, and artistic approaches. All great ideas for subject matter as well.

With that... here is the final tally just out of Florida (we found a few ballots under a table last second ;)):

attachment.php
Pretty Princess by twistedmangled
attachment.php

The Headless Seahorseman by roggenb3
King of OZ by Big_Justin
This Is My BOOM!! Stick by Diskobolos
Meet Gourdo by by sscarmana
Spooks from Alola by conversebob
Oh No Glenn by Big_Justin
Stranger Danger by sscarmana

PLUS!!!
Honorable mention for the only Sharpie submission!!!

attachment.php
Venom by Big_Justin
attachment.php

**Prize table grabs will begin this weekend and into next week**

Oh yeah, word has it that the winner might get a pumpkin medal under his name until next Okthrowberfest! It's a possibility. Let me know if you have any thoughts on that, because it is a late idea.

I like pumpkins, jack-o-lanterns, pumpkin pie and big huge pumpkins with a creepy lady standing in it. Not sure what a pumpkin medal under your name is but it sounds cool.

Noill hey man I just want to say thanks for all of your hard work, coordinating this, collecting prizes and putting this thing together. Even with the low participation you are keeping it alive! Its such a great contest I enjoy dying discs almost as much as I enjoy throwing them. Keep up the great work. Job well done!

Thanks everyone who donated and participated this year. Hopefully we can get this thing back to 40+ entries again some day. My dyes have come a long way I was just looking at my 1st entries in 2015 cool dyes but just dip dyes with a couple of colors. I have learned a lot of cool stuff from the great dyers here on DGCR I would have never even attempted the painting dye method if it wasn't for Eky8 and his tutorial he did a few years back. So thanks Eky8.

Yeah, thanks so much Noill for putting this on. Some of the best dyes I have ever seen on this site.
twistedmangled, are you gonna tell is how you did that skin? Great work and congrats sir.

Oh yeah, word has it that the winner might get a pumpkin medal under his name until next Okthrowberfest! It's a possibility. Let me know if you have any thoughts on that, because it is a late idea.

I like it!

Thank you Noill for running everything. Great job keeping Octhrowberfest alive(undead?) after Bennett had to step away a few years ago.
I haven't done much dying lately but this contest gave me the motivation to unpack everything and get dying. I will have to start earlier and enter two discs next year, I already have some ideas. All I know about dying has come from the fantastic group on DGCR sharing their techniques.:thmbup:
The special icon is a good idea. It might increase turnout and get more people vying for the coveted pumpkin crown. Also congats to twistedmangled, that is one sick dye.:clap:

Yeah, thanks so much Noill for putting this on. Some of the best dyes I have ever seen on this site.
twistedmangled, are you gonna tell is how you did that skin? Great work and congrats sir.

Hey thanks man. Sure I can share how I did the skin it was super tedious. I used a CAD program to draw the skin. I drew a small rectangle roughly the size of the areas where I was going to put the skin. I then filled the rectangle with rows of the tiny rectangles to create the illusion of the weaved pattern. Then I rotated the whole rectangle full of rectangles to the angle that I wanted and dropped it into place in the picture. Then trimmed it to fit. So when I put the cut vinyl on the disc I pulled every single one of the little rectangles out and it was tedious. It took about an hour. I then applied the paint dye to dye the small rectangles and after they were dyed I peeled the rest of the skin area out and if left a white area the shape of the skin filled will little brown rectangles. I then covered the whole area including the rectangles with paint dye (Powder dye mixed with laundry soap) and then rinsed it. So the rectangles went darker and the rest of the area stayed lighter it was a serious chore. But it turned out just like I intended.

I'm working through the prize table. Dyers, expect to be contacted tomorrow and Tuesday at the latest (some will get tapped on Monday, some on Tuesday). FYI

@twistedmangled

Your new medal is coming some time next week. It's like the crown under my name. You'll have a jack'o'lantern there as the winner of Okthrowberfest. You'll keep it for the year!

Latest posts