• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

One day in the Twin Cities area

brianb

Title says it all. I unexpectedly have tomorrow (Friday, Oct 14th) free while visiting family near the Twin Cities. Weather won't be too nice, but looking to play at least one and maybe more quality courses within 70 ish miles of the Cities.

I've played Kaposia, CP Adams, and The Valley all several years ago. Played BRP last summer. While all of those are great, I'm looking for a new to me challenging course with not too high probability of losing discs.

Where should I play? Head up to The Preserve? Hidden Lake? Is there another quality course to pair with Bryant Park?

TIA!

If I had to pick 2 to play it would be Bethel and Bryant Lake

If I could pick one of those two it'd be Bethel. Though Bryant Lake is pretty awesome too. You can't really go wrong with either. If you could play both, do that.

The Valley got redesigned recently and is now called North Valley. The holes across the road are now gone. It doesn't sound like an improvement either, from what I hear.

If I could pick one of those two it'd be Bethel. Though Bryant Lake is pretty awesome too. You can't really go wrong with either. If you could play both, do that.

The Valley got redesigned recently and is now called North Valley. The holes across the road are now gone. It doesn't sound like an improvement either, from what I hear.

Bryant lake is a bit better "experience" IMHO with the dual pads and baskets nearly every hole, benches, bag hangers, great signage, flawlessly maintained etc. that said it's not super challenging even from the long pads/long baskets. Don't get me wrong, it's challenging enough to be fun, but Bethel is harder and might be better golf. But really can't go wrong with either.

What did you choose to play? We have a great group of quality courses, curious about what you selected and you you liked it.

Bryant lake is a bit better "experience" IMHO with the dual pads and baskets nearly every hole, benches, bag hangers, great signage, flawlessly maintained etc. that said it's not super challenging even from the long pads/long baskets. Don't get me wrong, it's challenging enough to be fun, but Bethel is harder and might be better golf. But really can't go wrong with either.

Bethel started leaving short and long pins out this summer! Upgraded to prodigy baskets. Also short pads on majority of holes :)

Bryant also rules.

I played Bethel U in the morning and was a little underwhelmed by it - maybe my expectations were too high. I had some navigation issues with the snow cover, the leaves, and the many social trails going through the course. Also seemed odd to me that the yellow pads played to blue baskets and vice versa. Some good par 4 holes, but too many under 200' holes for my taste.

Played Bryant in the evening and it was a great experience. As mentioned, it's not the most challenging course, but the amenities and fun factor were there which made for a good time. Watching the sunset from the tee of 17 was pretty cool, too.

I played Bethel U in the morning and was a little underwhelmed by it - maybe my expectations were too high. I had some navigation issues with the snow cover, the leaves, and the many social trails going through the course. Also seemed odd to me that the yellow pads played to blue baskets and vice versa. Some good par 4 holes, but too many under 200' holes for my taste.

Played Bryant in the evening and it was a great experience. As mentioned, it's not the most challenging course, but the amenities and fun factor were there which made for a good time. Watching the sunset from the tee of 17 was pretty cool, too.

They have snow?!?!

Not sure where the baskets are currently I suppose but there is only one hole under 200' on the layout 95% of people play.