• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Twin Cities/Central MN must play

Definitely hit Bryant.
I like the golf better at Kaposia and Valley, but Bryant is a really nice course.

I've read the reviews. I haven't played much park golf in the last 10 years and Bryant sounds like the place for it. I'm thinking Tuesday AM.

I've read the reviews. I haven't played much park golf in the last 10 years and Bryant sounds like the place for it. I'm thinking Tuesday AM.

I wouldn't call it park golf, really. It's unique.
Not overly difficult, some variety....just a really enjoyable round.

I wouldn't call it park golf, really. It's unique.
Not overly difficult, some variety....just a really enjoyable round.

Looking forward to it. My home course is....rough, to put it charitably. I'm looking forward to what many have called "the best maintained DG course in the state".

Coon Rapids is a very serviceable course. Played like hot garbage but still beat my buddy.

one of the shorter guilty pleasure courses

its not destination worthy but i enjoy the short woods technical play

downhill bomber hole used to be a complete ace run but they made it longer unfortunately

Looking forward to it. My home course is....rough, to put it charitably. I'm looking forward to what many have called "the best maintained DG course in the state".

its not quite park play but its def well manicured

also roughest but enjoyablest would be hidden lake in st augusta

Played 32 at Bryant Lake today. Gorgeous course. A touch on the easy side even for a hack like me but it would take a lot to get tired of playing there.

Weather has been phenomenal. We had 74 days of measurable rain between June 1 and Aug 31 where I live and this 80 and sun is just wonderful for golf.

Heading up to SC tomorrow. Thursday morning plan to get up, grab a bite and a cup of coffee, and hop on my dads bicycle to pedal to a round at Riverside.

Heading up to SC tomorrow. Thursday morning plan to get up, grab a bite and a cup of coffee, and hop on my dads bicycle to pedal to a round at Riverside.

"they" just did some course reworking

somewhere around hole 16 it starts so be prepared for that

there is some homemade signs up directing where to go and you can see the grass missing spots of people ripping drives

Two rounds at Riverside today. Still holds up after 18ish years. New tees are in and curing for 16-18. 16 has always been a bit of an issue with throwing towards the roads, they made it an uphill now which might be a little better. It's at least the second time they've moved 18.

3rd year in a row September visit update:
Riverside is still fun, kinda a DG shrine for me since that's where I first caught the bug back when only one of the gang had a drivers license and we'd play pretty much every day in summer, winner bought Vanilla Coke and Mountain Dew Code Red for erryone else at the Casey's on Lincoln. Sometimes we'd each pitch in a buck and get a Little Caesars hot n ready.
New courses bagged this trip:
Hansen, fun laid back round, cone targets are cool history
Fart Smelling, no real good reason for a course there and no good reason to spend $7 to play it unless you literally have to be in that area and desperately want to play.
Waite Park, pretty meh, had played before like 15+ years ago pretty sure it's changed enough that it doesn't count as the same course.

Due to stuff and being busy unfortunately didn't get to hit some of my faves like Bryant Lake, Bethel, or Millstream.

Trip to GGGT only yielded an electron Envy.

Great visit but kinda meh for disc golf

Last edited:

This was interesting to see. Having lived in the Twin Cities 20 years ago, I feel a little nostalgia toward the place, so I tend to look at them online. I have no nearby brick and mortar disc stores (I don't count Dick's Sporting Goods as a disc store). I bought a Revolution Carolina Team Bag from GGGT last year. But since they steadfastly refuse to let you buy specific discs (by color /weight /picture) online, I shop elsewhere for discs.

Sounds like this has been a great trip!

Riverside is still fun, kinda a DG shrine for me since that's where I first caught the bug back when only one of the gang had a drivers license and we'd play pretty much every day in summer, winner bought Vanilla Coke and Mountain Dew Code Red for erryone else at the Casey's on Lincoln. Sometimes we'd each pitch in a buck and get a Little Caesars hot n ready.
Fart Smelling, no real good reason for a course there and no good reason to spend $7 to play it unless you literally have to be in that area and desperately want to play.
Waite Park, pretty meh, had played before like 15+ years ago pretty sure it's changed enough that it doesn't count as the same course.

Due to stuff and being busy unfortunately didn't get to hit some of my faves like Bryant Lake, Bethel, or Millstream.

hansen is fun with the cones and is a better course than moir

fart smelling you deserved that

correct on waite park they cleared out a bunch of the back trees and added 3 holes its a new course so you might get to re add it to your courses played

love bethel and milly i was at milly a week or two ago and it was playin super nice and upkept with minimal water problems

lmk if you want a list of courses for future endeavors

hansen is fun with the cones and is a better course than moir

fart smelling you deserved that

correct on waite park they cleared out a bunch of the back trees and added 3 holes its a new course so you might get to re add it to your courses played

love bethel and milly i was at milly a week or two ago and it was playin super nice and upkept with minimal water problems

lmk if you want a list of courses for future endeavors

Yeah kinda bummed we missed millstream, was kinda a weird year because our MN time was a few days short due to my wife visiting fam in MI on one end of the trip and an airline ticket snafu on the other, plus we didn't finalize the trip until kinda late so it was hard to coordinate time off for erryone. Oh well next year maybe we can hit millstream and then check out that cidery in st. Joe. Or maybe we'll just finally move back.

Yeah kinda bummed we missed millstream, was kinda a weird year because our MN time was a few days short due to my wife visiting fam in MI on one end of the trip and an airline ticket snafu on the other, plus we didn't finalize the trip until kinda late so it was hard to coordinate time off for erryone. Oh well next year maybe we can hit millstream and then check out that cidery in st. Joe. Or maybe we'll just finally move back.

haha the cidery used to have a course there and now they pulled it

i got some terrible news for you brother

caseys on lincoln just closed a week or two ago

Latest posts