• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

One Disc challenge

I use my 172g z wasp. It's all round and can go for distance. It's puttable. I could throw it 300ft constant. If basket is less than 300 ft. Just throw it less speed. My roc is exellent but it's little beat it. When i throw it hard it will go right slowly. Z wasp will go straight for long time until end.

Probably a 175g 11x Champ Teebird. I'm trying to think of one disc that will play in all conditions and make all kinds of shots, and that disc will do it. Not the greatest putter, but better than trying to make a Wizard throw 350' into a headwind.

Realistically, though, I would have TWO discs under lock and key. :)

I think I would go with my Star Teebird. We've been through a lot together. I would be concerned about the putting though.

No love for the Leopard? That has consistently been my "go to" disc. 150g Champ Leopard. A little light for windy days though. But 2 weeks ago I got an 172g ESP Buzzz. Hmmm...

And then there's that Champ Teebird...

Guess I'm gonna have to get a Pit Bul to guard my bag from now on! :D

As of right now, it would be my Elite Z buzzz.
Good enough in all the categories needed, but my Champ Sidewinder, ESP Wasp and ESP Surge are close behind

I'd go with my Core. I would really hate throwing that beautiful disc into the chains though.

I would agree with all the Buzz and Teebird fans out there. Either one of them would make a great choice. I don't think that anyone has mentioned a Discraft XL yet. It allows you to make a lot of different shots and would probably be a better putter than the Teebird. I guess it would ultimately depend on the course for me. If it were a long course I would take the Teebird every time and on a shorter course the Buzz.

i would love to say a driver, but i wouldn't want to put with one...i guess i'd say a roc...

My DGA XL or Soft Banger.....it's be a toss-up (oh, or my Z Storm). Gah! Decisions, decisions.

Last edited:
What is the ONLY disc you conveniently had under lock and key in the trunk that allows you to play regardless of the circumstances?
Soft Pro Rhyno.

(maybe my Star Shark)