• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

One disc rounds

Stankyjahnke

Double Eagle Member
I don't know if there's already a thread about and im sure there is but i wanted to start a new one.

If your playing a one disc round in your league or with some friends for money on a course with mostly 300-400ft holes with some shorter and some longer. What is your disc of choice? Do you go the mid range route and play it safe. Or do u take the driver and try to park them off the tee?

I'm just trying to start a fun conversation this just for hypothetical situations. I know some people throw rocs 300 to 400 feet but i probably max out a mid range at 250 275 on a good day.

There are many threads like this...

If most of the holes are between 300-400, and some longer, that's pretty long for a one disc round. I think I'd use an Axis, just 'cause I can't putt with an Amp.

So, yea, Neutron Axis.

There are many threads like this...

If most of the holes are between 300-400, and some longer, that's pretty long for a one disc round. I think I'd use an Axis, just 'cause I can't putt with an Amp.

So, yea, Neutron Axis.

i knew there was i just haven't seen one in awhile

I think i'd go with my star gator just because its so predictable.

Fuse. I can get it out to 320', but only on a hyzer flip line that ends right. Would just be better to go 200' at a time.

I play a lot of one-disc rounds for practice, using anything from putters to high-speed drivers. But my best results comes from mids in the buzz-roc range, because (1) I can still putt reasonably with them, unlike drivers, (2) they get decent distance, compared to my putters, and (3) they can fly into a headwind, if necessary.

Windy: S-Line Gremlin 170ish
Calm: 180g DX Shark

I usually go buzzz for 1 disc rounds but there's a long hard debate on just using a wizard.

At that length I'd probably go with a roc. Anything faster and I'd lose more strokes putting than I would make up with distance.

STANKY: I'm just like you. I got a KC Pro Roc out to 300 feet....once. normally around 250 if I'm really gettin' it. I think in this situation Id use my soft Trak, because it can be powered down well but also can get good D and can be putter with (found that out playing the Winter Warriorß series here when we had a driver only hole.)

We have a short course right by my house (Cumberland Green DGC) where the Max distance is like 325 feet. My buddies and I played a putter only round there. I chose the Pig (big surprise there, right?) 2 of them threw VPs and my other buddy used a Judge. We all did ok. I think one disc rounds should be on short courses or dealt technical courses.

At those distances I'd probably go with a Diamond. Ibex would probably be my mid of choice.

I'll say driver, because I'm not usually throwing a midrange past 330'. On those longer holes I'm much more likely to make a 20 foot putt with a driver than a 50 foot putt with my mid.

i enjoy one-disc rounds. i used to play friends 4 money only using a slightly stable dx cro. its great in the wind, i can put it out passed 320 and its what i putt with anyway..

teebirds also

I can use my Vibram Summit for a one disc round. I can maybe get it like 250 feet with a good drive and it is good for upshots.