• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] One disc that every player should try at least once.

No mention of the Buzzz, hmm? I'd say truth.

I think we should mention the roc a few more times..

No mention of the Buzzz, hmm? I'd say truth.

I think we should mention the roc a few more times..

I say this as a Buzzz thrower...

The Roc is the midrange all others are judged by and definitely should be throw by a disc golfer at least once.

I say this as a Buzzz thrower...

The Roc is the midrange all others are judged by and definitely should be throw by a disc golfer at least once.

I never cared for Innova mids. Discraft and now more recently Dynamic Discs have always felt way better to me. In fact I switched from Buzz, Wasp, Drone to Emac Truth, Verdict, Justice. But I would take a Buzzz over a Roc anyday :D

I love the DX Cobra. I still carry two in my bag because I love that disc so much and think it's a great first mid/driver. They don't get the use they once did but when I need a dead straight tunnel shot with glide or a controlled turnover shot, the cobra fits my throwing style perfectly.

That said, if I had to choose one disc, it would be the Leopard. Beginners can use it and not be frustrated by it yet experienced disc golfers can still find it useful.

Aerobie Epic. So you can see that novelty discs are ****.

If you are going that route, the Aerobie Arrow is good for a novelty/specific use putter. For wind putting/approach or for a need to sit approach to putt shot like uphill/downhill, putt near an edge, and OB in a tournament near basket etc.

Aerobie Epic It seems is good for two shots, the Tomahawk and Thumber and Can be used as the Forehand roller but not all that great at it.

There are a ton you could say but I would have to say that the Harp is a disc you just have to try.

Pure, Proxy or Atom - put one of these in the hands of a newbie and you'll be reaping the benefits of not having to search the shule every other hole for a shanked distance driver.

I would say that a beat Rancho Roc is another formative disc to throw. You will fall in love with the flight, and then either go down the path of cycling fresh ones to try and catch lightning in a bottle again, or switch to a nice X buzzz and spend the time you saved drinking beer.

. Despite being a 7 speed, you can absolutely CRUSH

I don't think there is anything to say "despite" with speed 7 discs. Basically magical. I think I would edge a Teebird over the eagle as a must try disc but most people could use to find out that they're really as fast as most people and courses ever need.

Comet I guess takes the top spot

Even for people who own them, that's a fleeting window haha... Good luck getting someone to let you throw their buttered up 11x!

I've bagged a 12X Teebird for a while. Nice, marbled (luster?) champion plastic. I think a 12X Teebird can be every bit as good as an 11X.

The mold itself is simply outstanding.

Latest posts