• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

One-Fitty Class drivers

I went through a complete light disc faze last year when I realized that it really helps me work on my form and allows me to slow down just a bit.
That being said, I have since moved most of my discs back to the 170 range, but I do carry a 150 DX TeeRex that I like so much, I own 4 of them, just in case. That's the only one that consistently makes my bag, but I've got much love for my 150 Rocs, Banshee, Destroyer, and Shark.

a 150 Champ Valk that I found changed my whole perception of light discs. They glide for days!! So much distance potential with these suckers. I've easily added 50-60 feet to my drives

Its funny watching guys try sooo hard to get their heavy drivers out past 350-375. I can hyzer-flip that Valk that far with 70% power!

I've since added a 150 Firebird, 150 1.1 QOLF (this disc Bombs!!-not flippy at all), a 150 r-pro Boss, a 150 Beast, and I even bought a 150 Roc to play around with. Now that I've thrown and watched the flight characteristics of these light discs, It's fun to watch heavy discs just fall out of the sky, while the 150's just keep going and going....

That being said, if you don't have much finesse, and you can't hyzer-flip, you will probably never see the potential of these discs....

X Surge 150 and 152 Monarch are my go-tos. Everything in my bag except my Banger, Aero, Wolf, Panther, Buzzz, Wildcat, Epic, and Destroyer are all 150s :).

I have two 150 Vipers and a 150 Aviar P&A. I had picked these up many years ago to play in a 150 class tourney.

One of the Vipers is still basically brand new. The other has seen a significant amount of play but I haven't really been using it much lately. The Aviar putter on the other hand, I use it quite a bit.

The problem with carrying two different weight drivers (at least for me) is I tend to griplock the light ones every now and then. It doesn't rip out at the same time as the heavier drivers. I've noticed this with every driver I've had below 167 or so.

Latest posts