• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

oregon park - marietta

Kevreef

Par Member
has anybody heard about the possible rumor of extending hole 7 to a par 5?!! i think i would be incredible...

Is that the one that plays downhill toward the creek or ditch? I don't see how it would change into a par 5 unless they put 6 short and put the tee to the far left corner of that field near the fairway of 6. But I haven't heard anything.

You could easily play it as a par 5 from 6 gold's tee pad or use the mound to the left of 6 gold and silver's pad as a safari tee pad. I have not herd of any such rumor but most of us OOP's are out of the loop.

I do remember a tee in the treeline to the left of 6 (kind of near the bush) from when they tried to design two different 18 hole courses there. I'm sure you can still throw from there and if I do remember it was played as a par 5.

Where did this rumor arise from? I think the course is fine the way it is, and adding a P5 doesn't really do much for us. Par 5's don't really have a place outside of a championship course.

With the amount of traffic OP sees, this would really only create a bottleneck between 6-7, and anyone trying to play 7 Silver.

This site shows that Oregon Park was built in 2011, though I played it as a 9-hole in the late 90s. I specifically remember what I think was hole 6. From the tee pad the grassy terrain rose to a crest, a tall tree with some low-lying limbs was near the top of that hill and to the right. A sidearm under those limbs and over the crest of the hill could dive (or skip) into the basket. I only played it once but it was a pretty nice early-morning solo round, very memorable.

Did they pull that course and do a total redesign, or did they incorporate 9 new holes?

Did they pull that course and do a total redesign, or did they incorporate 9 new holes?

It's been changed several times. They added 9 holes. Then added a second 18 hole course for a short time. Then sort of combined both of the 18 hole courses for one 18 hole course.

The hole they are talking about didn't exist when you played the course. It is probably 1200 feet behind the old Swingtime ball golf driving range.

Latest posts