• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Outta the box hyzer flip distance driver

Valk speed that isn't another Valk? Neutron Axiom Insanity

Pretty much any of the 10 speeds from stable to US will fill whatever flavor valk you want.

Interia/insanity = champ/star like valks.
I am currently throwing an MVP octane which is flying like a 12-13 speed inertia. Pretty much dropped the faster 7/10 speed US stuff for the relay. Like you just said above that damn disc goes boom.

Try a S-Line TD - Discmania.

To me it flies like a Star Valkyrie but flies the S-shape line straighter, has a little more glide to it but still controlled as can be

Flight # around 10/5/-1/1.5 Not as understable as advertised, but thats better in my opinion.

It replaced a Valkyrie I had. OR Star Sidewinder or a new Star Valk

TP Underworld, you'll never look back.

Ive been rockin a 170g X-Heat for my ootb hyzer flip for distance. Ive been curious if anyone else is throwing it too. Not getting off topic, is anyone else flipping a heat for long straight shots?

Could only flip a Leopard or River when I was at 340.. unless it was a neutral disc that was really beat.

Every answer that hasn't said Escape, TD, Patriot, or another Valk is just wrong. The Escape is the best entry level driver out imo. I have used it so long it's gone from a TeeBird style flight at 300', to a huge hyzer-flip distance line out to 400+'.

As your form and distance improves the Escape actually begins to cover more lines! Not to mention the fact that you can cover most lines with this one mold. I use a PD or a Thunderbird for my more OS needs at the same basic distances. Escape is my furthest flying disc if I hit it right, too.

Again, Escape. Most colors fly the same. Biggest diff is between plastic. Lucid is a great middle ground for stability and wear.

I'm tellin' you, you need an STD....I have 2 and they are awesome. I would give you my STD's but I wouldn't feel right just going around giving my STD's to other people.

S-Line TD - Turning Driver by Discmania ;) ;) Get it....S T D? haha GET IT? MEMBER? hahahaha ...haha ...hahahahaha......member?!

Again, Escape. Most colors fly the same. Biggest diff is between plastic. Lucid is a great middle ground for stability and wear.

I have thrown three Escapes (owned two) and none of them flew alike. Two were Lucids. One was as flippy as a Roadrunner. One flew like a Thunderbird and the third flew like a Valk (at least what a Valk should fly like but that disc seems to be even less consistent).

Ive been rockin a 170g X-Heat for my ootb hyzer flip for distance. Ive been curious if anyone else is throwing it too. Not getting off topic, is anyone else flipping a heat for long straight shots?

Me!

So much glide. Love me X Heats. Just got a Ti in to try out.

Legacy Mongoose. I recently bagged it for this. The legend version has the perfect stability for long S-Turns. Just effortless distance.

Me!

So much glide. Love me X Heats. Just got a Ti in to try out.

Nice! Thanks for the comfirmation bruv. Yeah i knocked a great deal of stability off this X pretty quick learning it on these wooded courses. Ive been wondering what a heat would be like in greater plastic. Let me know how that goes! :thmbup:

I'm tellin' you, you need an STD....I have 2 and they are awesome. I would give you my STD's but I wouldn't feel right just going around giving my STD's to other people.

S-Line TD - Turning Driver by Discmania ;) ;) Get it....S T D? haha GET IT? MEMBER? hahahaha ...haha ...hahahahaha......member?!

:doh:

Just picked up a 167g star sidewinder. I'll hopefully be able to throw it tomorrow.

To those suggesting a STD, I've tried them and they are good discs, but they would take some beating in to fly like what I'm looking for.