• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Paige Pierce #29190

I agree this seems like something Lex Lutho...Bezos would do, but i still like it. I love it when buildings incorporate tiers and have built in green space. Even if it is not practically usable space, it just makes the view so much better. I work in Atlanta and am proud of it being called the "city in a forest." It is something i think Atlanta should fight to preserve and other cities should look to emulate. No one likes sterile offices and sterile cities are just as bad.
I appreciate the green space. But I still think the building looks like a poop emoji. I think one can appreciate the positives of the design while still thinking it looks like (pardon the pun) crap.

And if you want to see something hideous just take a look at the new proposed Amazon building in Northern Virginia.

60195cb56dfbe10018e013df

My drill is the drill that will pierce the heavens!

The building was designed as a homage to Bezos' junk. He's part duck.

Architects. It's so pretty!

And dysfunctional. And all of the supporting electrical and mechanical systems will be a PITA to install and maintain. The whole building will be a nightmare for property management.

How do you have trees with their massive root systems on a building like that?

How do you have trees with their massive root systems on a building like that?

well we actually just completed the design of a similarly tree'd out building here in Denver.

Lots of 5'x5'x4' concrete boxes (AKA tree wells) filled with dirt . There are actual methods of fastening the tree to the structure to keep it in place.

Not easy for the design team tho - that's for sure.

Trees weigh A LOT more than you'd expect. Hate having to design elevated tree wells. That building gives me structural engineering nightmares just looking at it.

Also, since it's the thread topic, I am a Paige Pierce fan. She does get some flack for her views, but I think a lot of that has to do with her being one of the few pro women who actually puts herself out there via interviews, social media, etc., while also being one of two women who can consistently compete in every tournament. If she can tamper her aggressive throwing tendencies and play a little smarter as she gets older, she's going to be at the top for as long as she wants to keep competing.

She flubbed Worlds, but Tiger Woods lost a major every so often also right? I'd still bet her over the field.

Alright, back to poop emoji buildings lol

Also, since it's the thread topic, I am a Paige Pierce fan. She does get some flack for her views, but I think a lot of that has to do with her being one of the few pro women who actually puts herself out there via interviews, social media, etc., while also being one of two women who can consistently compete in every tournament.

This statement expresses perfectly my own feelings about Paige.

Architects. It's so pretty!

And dysfunctional. And all of the supporting electrical and mechanical systems will be a PITA to install and maintain. The whole building will be a nightmare for property management.

I lump architects in with all the other engineering fields.....

It's easy to make something look pretty on a computer. Especially when you don't have to build it.

There's nothing I hate worse than an artistic engineer lol

Back on topic:
I like Paige. Love to see her do well, hate to see her lose.

I have crossed paths with Paige twice - at the ~2011+/- Veteran Park Open and the ~2014 Nick Hyde. Both times I approached Paige for an autograph at really bad times and both times she was super cool and signed my discs. I became a big fan of Paige's when I first got into pro coverage and that is what largely got me into Prodigy stuff. I also like to see her do well and am always amazed with her incredible play.

All that withstanding - the Paige of the last couple years has increasingly come off without humility and that has subconsciously rubbed me the wrong way. Her worlds press conference final statements were the pinnacle and really didnt sit right with me.
I would say all of the this also applies to Mcbeth IMO - i love his play, respect the hell out of the guy - but watching his youtube videos tend to make me cringe by how cocky he can be with his jokes & commentary. I'm sure if i were the best in the world I'd be cocky too so I cant fault them- its just harder to be a fan the more I see and hear off the course.

I guess that may be the downside built into the awesome access we have into the pro's lives is that sometimes the person behind the pro isnt who we hoped they would be and so its hard to enjoy their success & work as much. Case & point = lil wayne.

It's easy to make something look pretty on a computer. Especially when you don't have to build it.

Back on topic:

We're always pushing to limit material usage and one of our younger engineers really took the message to heart. He designed a gearbox with a wall thickness so thin that it couldn't be cast. If I remember right it was significantly thinner than a sheet of paper.

Grudgingly back on topic: I like watching aggressive, risky play, so I like the way Paige plays.

Back on topic:
Culture comes with a cost. :)

Not the biggest fan of poop emoji culture, but who am I to judge people who want to work in a turd?

Since saying "I'm the one to beat, I'm the best women's player to have ever played this game," Paige has finished 2nd, 3rd, 2nd, 2nd. She's also up 5 points to 990 - seems like 1000 is still attainable

Since saying "I'm the one to beat, I'm the best women's player to have ever played this game," Paige has finished 2nd, 3rd, 2nd, 2nd. She's also up 5 points to 990 - seems like 1000 is still attainable

and she self proclaimed she has the most distance in fpo however still couldnt win at preserve

im lolololol

and she self proclaimed she has the most distance in fpo however still couldnt win at preserve

im lolololol

Kristin putted like 60% C1x this weekend and still won by 10 strokes. And she throws about as far as Paige does.

I don't know where the disconnect in Paige's game is right now, but she played really poorly (honestly most of the field did) and didn't get it going until she was basically 100% out of contention for the win

I don't know where the disconnect in Paige's game is right now

Possibly it's attitude. For so long she's been the best, no one else even close. Maybe she's taken that for granted so long that she felt she shouldn't have to do anything to win. It's possible she doesn't practice as she should or take it as seriously as she should for that reason.

Seems like she has quite a few agendas at the moment, that perhaps take the focus off winning just enough for her to falter. With her heavily funded documentary, the urge to try to showcase the Fierce and Passion, coupled with her desire to reach 1000 rated, she seems less focused on stacking up the W's and more focused on stacking up the green (Not that there is anything wrong with that).

I love that Paige has taken the attitude of "I'm the best ever, come try and beat me".

Some people need struggle to stay motivated. Even though she hasn't played up to her talk recently, it may keep her focused and motivated in a game she has played her whole life.

I don't care who these players are off the course...entertain me!

(Just don't be an unprofessional child like Nikko on the course....)

Talk your sh@t off the course and give us some good storylines and rivalrys to watch unfold.

Latest posts