• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Parked: Let's Settle the Debate Once and for All

Which Disc(s) are parked?

• White

Votes: 316 78.6%
  • Yellow

Votes: 314 78.1%
  • Green

Votes: 272 67.7%
  • Orange

Votes: 146 36.3%
  • 2nd Green

Votes: 66 16.4%

• Total voters
^I probably said something like:
"Pinner, Pinner, Chicken Dinner"
DSCJNKY

This is simple....all are parked....just different park jobs

Valet Parking
Handicapped Parking
CEO Parking
Parking Lot Parking
Park and Ride Parking

If you can pick up the disc, and reach out and touch the bottom of the basket with it, its parked.

Next Coyote Classic:

zenbot on the mike: ...and now let's congratulate our Men's Open winner, Paul McBeth! Give him a hand everyone! Paul, you've won a chicken dinner!

PMB: I'LL KILL YOU!!! I'LL KILL ALL OF YOU!!!

^You should definitely give away a chicken dinner. That would be awesome.
DSCJNKY

if its parked i call them "no-putt-dueces" meaning you dont have to throw the disc to make the putt. unless your arm falls off while reaching into the basket its gonna go in. that is parked.

I would define "parked" as the result of any drive that gives the player a "gimmee" putt or gives him a surprisingly easy putt based on the challenge of the hole. But once you get outside the putter's confidence circle, there is no "parked."

I still have to disagree with all the assertions that it has anything to do with the player's putting ability. The term is more of a reflection of how good your drive or long approach shot was. Within arm's reach is parked. A putt that anyone can make is parked. Anything else and you're just patting yourself on the back.

I'd say the third is suspect and would depend on how long the hole was.

"Parked" can only be used off the tee-pad, right? I say only then and maybe on a long second shot with some difficulty to it.

the 4th disc looks like it is about 12' from the basket - looks to be about 4 average paces for me. The last one is a bit more - 16-17'. But unless my eyes are terrible I would definitely say less than 20'.

If all of those aren't 'parked' for you then immediately stop reading this thread and practice putting till it is. a flat unobstructed 20' putt should be parked for everyone. DG is a lot more fun when you know those putts are gimmes.

the 4th disc looks like it is about 12' from the basket - looks to be about 4 average paces for me. The last one is a bit more - 16-17'. But unless my eyes are terrible I would definitely say less than 20'.

If all of those aren't 'parked' for you then immediately stop reading this thread and practice putting till it is. a flat unobstructed 20' putt should be parked for everyone. DG is a lot more fun when you know those putts are gimmes.

Exactly. They're gimmes. Not parked.

Latest posts