• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Paul McBeth #27523

It sucks that it will cause him to be late out of the gate this year, but hopefully it's one of those things that once it's addressed properly and heals, it won't linger. And also hopefully there are things he can do with the boot to keep the rest of him on track to start the year ready to go.

Do you think he would still be able to work on putting?

Yeah especially when you turn your ankle, there's probably a good period of disbelief that it's so much worse than a sprain, and a bit of procrastination to get it checked out.

Likely did have it checked out pretty quickly. Bone bruises are pretty rare. He would have had an xray to rule out a fracture. Once negative, the conclusion would have been a soft tissue injury, until symptoms persisted. Then a doc (and the insurance company) would have green lighted a MRI to look for ligament/tendon/bone bruise validation.

Interesting. Immobilizing the ankle to heal something like this? Would love to hear some physicians thoughts on that... seems odd, to me. But I'm not an expert, I just go off of second hand info gleaned from PTs I hang out with so I'm just being skeptical, not stating that I know it isn't the best strategy.

Almost all top professional athletes are notoriously overtrained, talk to any athletic trainer and they will tell you half the battle is getting their athletes to back off and rest.

Probably sound advice, Paul has the skills, I'd wager him taking time off and resting is the best thing for his game.

I have one. Soon 5yo though. And we had a good trick to get her sleeping soundly in her own room early on (like 9 months old), so cant complain (anyone with kids can PM me for that trick, so we dont take this thread any further off topic... :D )

Latest posts