• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Paul Mcbeth Luna review

Anyone tried the New Soft Luna? How "soft" is it?

If it's the same soft as the other soft putter plastic, it's a little more firm than the old X-soft.

But who knows, they might have made a "proprietary soft" for McBeth so they can charge $20.

FB-IMG-1638553266696.jpg

FB-IMG-1638553266696.jpg

Wow. . i stoped putting with the Luna, it was just to hard/slick in the cold. . .i hope the Soft gets a stock drop

Wow. . i stoped putting with the Luna, it was just to hard/slick in the cold. . .i hope the Soft gets a stock drop

Same here, but also with the X Zeus and X Malta as well. I have to imagine an X Anax would fly great, not too sure on the name, but if the Roach is any indication...

If it's the same soft as the other soft putter plastic, it's a little more firm than the old X-soft.

But who knows, they might have made a "proprietary soft" for McBeth so they can charge $20.

If it says McBeth on it, it's gonna be costly. Does anyone, Paul included, even throw a Malta? Or Hades? Money talks I spose...

I throw a Hades regularly and I know a couple of others that do too. I don't use the Luna too much, just a 2021 tour series as an occasional driving putter. I generally prefer my putters with bead.

Paul opting for CT over the rubber blend this year? That would make sense since he liked KC Pro.

I wonder if he will bag the Stalker now that Hailey (moved to Innova) & Paige (switched to Passion primarily) aren't keeping their names on it. I remember seeing a YouTube video with Paul & Simon where they were both digging the Stalker.

New Tour Series Luna is so good. Why is no one here talking about it? So straight/stable. Plus the plastic is perfect.

Yea the numbers on the Luna are off. All of the ones I've thrown, proto, 1st run, stock, 5x crystal, have all been straight glory putters with only the slightest of fade at the end

What plastic type is the most overstable? I'm going to try out some premium plastic Lunas for backhand driving putter duties. I wanna see how they compare to P2s.

What plastic type is the most overstable? I'm going to try out some premium plastic Lunas for backhand driving putter duties. I wanna see how they compare to P2s.

The stiff Z-swirl ones for me. . and a few of my bottom stamp ESP but those are hard to find (Euro exklusive run)

New Tour Series Luna is so good. Why is no one here talking about it? So straight/stable. Plus the plastic is perfect.

I received my 2022 Tour Series yesterday. (Had no plans to buy it, but happened to be in the right place at the right time for a good price.) The Swirl ESP feels great in the hand, and looks great to the eye! They really nailed the perfect stiffness (for me).

And, I agree... The fade isn't a "3". I putt with a Faith, but the Luna just might join the Pure in my bag as a more stable throwing putter option.

The new tour series are really nice.

Came across the restock at Infinite and had to grab a couple. They came in last week and have had them for a couple of rounds in the bag. Straight, glidey, goodness. Forgot how good the Luna is as a driving putter, especially in premium plastic.

Got a 22 TS Luna Sunday just to try one out. 1st Luna launching experience, was slightly surprised how flippy it was. Definitely something that needs hyzer angle to go straight but a nice pushing disc when thrown right. Very similar to my opto x Keystone which felt .5 more HSS maybe but less glide.

Absolutely gorgeous looking and feels great though.

Anybody know how the plastic came out for the "Made in LA" Lunas and the "3d Icon" CT Lunas?

The Luna was my favorite putter of all time in the original stiff rubber, but when they reworked it to be a bit softer a few months after it's release I wasn't as big of fan. I doubt these would fill that niche as I'm sure the CT plastic doesn't have the grittiness of the white rubber blend.

Stock-ish drop

It looks like Ledgestone announced at the end of 2022 that a "Swirl Soft Luna" will be released during their 2023 event, which will be Aug. 11-14, 2023 in Peoria. Based on other releases that Ledgestone has done, they will likely have a good stock of every released disc already produced when they release them, and will likely continue to stock them for some time after they release...but only time will tell for sure.

Latest posts