• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA Doping Control?

Since the other thread got closed I'll post it here. Last week the NBA announced it is now NO LONGER testing for marijuana and said it will only look for PED's in test results. I've heard ex NBA players say most smoke it anyways, so not sure how strict they tested before. They likely give a decent notice prior to testing I would guess.

The trend in pro sports is to treat weed as alcohol. Beneficial for pain relief but definitely not a PED.

I wonder how the NBA got so big with all those weed smokers?
Finally an enlightened approach to cannabis in pro sports. If you wanna know if it's a PED, here's your answer. It's not.

Nate Heinold? What are you going to test him for? Too much passion?

Found some security camera footage of Nate coming up with the idea:

Av0m.gif

I think it is time for some unbiased research.
1. how does marijuana affect the brain/body? - what is the amount where a person is impaired?
2. does marijuana enhance performance? - or is it only a pain reliever as far as performance is concerned?

We have that information for alcohol....why not for marijuana?
Any previous tests/research is no longer valid as marijuana has changed....growth is more controlled and, for legal growers/sellers, monitored. It is important to know how "today's" marijuana affects the brain/body.
Unbiased research.
1. Depend's. With so many variables. One persons mountain to climb is another ones glass jaw.
2. The long answer is NO. It does not. The best answer is less is more. But. :popcorn: It will also provide a beautiful example of a Balmer peak.

Unbiased research.
1. Depend's. With so many variables. One persons mountain to climb is another ones glass jaw.
2. The long answer is NO. It does not. The best answer is less is more. But. :popcorn: It will also provide a beautiful example of a Balmer peak.

I def think it can calm tourney anxiety.... so if you want to look at it that way I guess it could be performance enhancing.

CBD is amazing when it comes to pain. Its all what you want to make of it.

However I am not one for marijuana use. Just my personal choice. But I can totally as a medical person can admit it has its uses.

What's up brotha!?

I meant to post this question awhile back. Does anybody know how strict of an equipment check is done at major events?

From what I have heard from players mostly Paul McBeth saying is they do not have much and he knows with some runs of disc including one or two of his were not legal when he was with Innova until he worked the disc in or he had hot car/RV dashboard sat the disc by mistake. I am sure one of my Newest discs until I did the hot water to the Champion Archon that did not help the disc much, that it was too stiff before as well as too slick to even grip. It felt almost like Plexiglass that sat out in hot sun just enough to flex a little when new. I could not get the disc to bend enough to work for disc golf.

Latest posts