• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc golf Job in my email, sure many of you got it too.

prerube

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
The Professional Disc Golf Association seeks a highly organized and motivated customer service oriented individual to serve as Tour Manager. The successful candidate will be a strong team player whose excellent interpersonal and multi-tasking skills will ensure the smooth delivery of, and innovations to the PDGA competition system.

Position Title: PDGA Tour Manager
Responsible to: PDGA Executive Director

Background:
The Professional Disc Golf Association (PDGA) is a player-run international not-for-profit organization based in Columbia County, Georgia, USA. The PDGA, with over 15,000 active members and a worldwide network of volunteers, is the international governing body for the sport of disc golf, and sanctions competitive events for men and women of every skill level from novice to professional. For more background, visit http://www.pdga.com .

Detailed Job Description:

A. PDGA Tournament Services
Manage the tournament structure and activity for the 1000+ annual A, B, and C tier events in USA and Canada, including the Tour schedule, distribution of event planning and reporting packages, timely submission of event sanctioning agreements and sanctioning fees, timely submission of tournament results and event fees (40%)
Verify and process tournaments results (1250+) and individual player results (80,000+ per annum) into the PDGA database (25%)
Order Insurance Certificates for PDGA Tour events and requested co-insured parties as required (5%)
Ensure the tournament and rules related content are created and maintained on the PDGA web site (5%)
Organize and continue to improve tour related documentation for tournament directors as well as players competing in PDGA sanctioned events (5%)
Ensure the effective delivery of the PDGA Professional, Amateur, and Junior World Championships, working in partnership with the host clubs (5%)
Develop policy and procedural improvements with the Executive Director and the Competition Director to improve the tournament competition structure (4%)
Handle and resolve individual tournament issues in a timely, professional and courteous manner (3%)
Represent the PDGA on site at some of the organization's top events (3%)
With the Executive Director and the Competition Director, continue the development of the organization's top events, including World Championships, United States Championship, and National Tour events (2%)
Coordinate the assignment to and reporting of PDGA Marshals from the organization's top events (1%)
Other tasks as assigned by the Executive Director (2%)
B. Preferred Qualifications
2 or 4 year college degree in business, sports management, or other related field
2 or more years job experience in a related field
Exceptional customer service skills
Excellent writing and communication skills
Fluent in Microsoft Excel and Word, experience with Microsoft Access
Familiarity with disc golf, the PDGA, and its membership and tournament/tour structure
Non-profit sector experience is an asset
Patience and endurance to handle repetitive work and cyclical busy times
Detail oriented, innovative, self-motivated, flexible, able to deliver results on time
Team player
Multi-tasking abilities
C. PDGA World Championships
Organize and manage the Professional and Amateur World Championship player eligibility and registration process
Organize and manage the Professional and Amateur World Championship competition structure
D. Other Tasks
Assistance to other staff members during peak seasons as necessary
Other tasks as assigned by the Executive Director
Some travel will be required
Some weekends will be required
Benefits:
A full-time position with benefits, salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Eligible for annual incentive bonus
Company provided health insurance plan
Paid vacation leave
Sick leave
Individual retirement account (IRA) matching contributions

Location: The successful candidate will be required to relocate to the Appling, GA (Augusta) area to work at the PDGA International Disc Golf Center. A limited relocation allowance will be provided.

Application Process: Please send a resume and a cover letter, specifically supporting your interest in and suitability for this position, via mail or e-mail to executive director
Brian Graham:

PDGA Executive Director
International Disc Golf Center
3828 Dogwood Lane
Appling, GA 30802
[email protected]

Application Deadline: December 31, 2010
Projected Start Date: March 7, 2011

If the pay was 80% of what I currently make, I would go for it, but I do not know the pay scale.

If I was qualified, I would have applied for this the instant I got that email, I would love to have a job that was disc golf related.

Wow, it looks like you have do everything. I'd still do it but I'm not qualified (for anything, thanks history BA).

I gotta wonder about working around something that I think of as recreation. After a while would the rec part would give way to the job part? Then your "fun" job would be just a job.

Also this gig sounds like a lot of desk time. (Which I hate.)

I gotta wonder about working around something that I think of as recreation. After a while would the rec part would give way to the job part? Then your "fun" job would be just a job.

Also this gig sounds like a lot of desk time. (Which I hate.)

Of course it does. I was in the car stereo hobby for a long time and even went to classes for install techniques. Someone asked the instructor why his car looked like crap and the answer was "Wait until YOU do this for a living." and everyone was like yeah, whatever.

Fast forward a year, had been installed professionally for 9 months and my car looked like crap.

Seems you will just fizzle and burn out. Though I think it would be great on a resume. Non-profit and tour manager for a 10k plus member sport.

I posted this on another site yesterday:
FYI - Gentry is not leaving but moving over to finally be able to focus on IT responsibilities. He had been wearing the hats of IT and Tour Director since he started with the PDGA several years ago with Tour directing taking so much time that IT initiatives had taken a back seat.

Patience and endurance to handle repetitive work and cyclical busy times

This is the part that would kill me. I hate overly repetitive work. That's why you won't find me working on an assembly line.

I posted this on another site yesterday:
FYI - Gentry is not leaving but moving over to finally be able to focus on IT responsibilities. He had been wearing the hats of IT and Tour Director since he started with the PDGA several years ago with Tour directing taking so much time that IT initiatives had taken a back seat.

That's good. The organization (all organizations) need good IT.

AND whoever takes the job has him as a resource. Win-win.

I want to apply so bad, but I am not sure of the pay scale and my wife won't let me consider it. I think my education would fit the description (BA in exercise physiology and education with a masters in human relations). I could handle Georgia, but the wife has the ultimate say. :wall:

they left out the part about "herding cats" being a prime responsibility...
herding-cats.jpg

David Gentry according to PDGA site.

I took a shot at it, why not?

If it was a vote for the position I would elect you :thmbup: (hopes Cgkdisc sees)

CoachQ I am in the same boat with nearly the same educational background, experience, and wife holding the cards. I need to know salary :)

Last edited:

Latest posts