• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA NT: 2019 Beaver State Fling presented by KEEN 07-Jun to 09-Jun-2019

I can´t recall which round but interesting to see a footfault called. . .but again no one second it and there where some tension on the card after that. . i think he stepped on his disc?

Central Coast Disc Golf uses a radar gun to measure the speed of the players' throws.
At 17:05 in the video, below, Eagle McMahon throws a backhand roller that is clocked at 86 mph out of his hand, making it the fastest throw currently recorded by CCDG (or anybody?)

Watch Seppo Paju's 74 mph throw after it. Eagle's throw does appear much faster.

The slowmo of Eagle´s 81mph shot on hole7 R3 is just insane clean form. . looks effortless and he throws that PD2 81mph?!!

To watch Eagle throw a 60mph shot is mind-boggling, looks like he not even trying. . .and thats the max speed of many players, i would be SO happy if i could throw 60mph

I can´t recall which round but interesting to see a footfault called. . .but again no one second it and there where some tension on the card after that. . i think he stepped on his disc?

Round 2, Castro called KJUSA on a fault. Not sure how Castro would have even heard someone call one on him though with those ridiculous headphones on.

Interesting quote from Paige Pierce in her victory interview:

"People are saying Catrina has this hot season but shes only won 4 out of her 9 tournaments. It's not that great."

:|:\:popcorn:

"People are saying Catrina has this hot season but shes only won 4 out of her 9 tournaments. It's not that great."

Depends on what she's comparing it to. Last year through BSF, Paige had won six of eight DGPT/NT tourneys. So compared to that, Cat's 4 of 9 isn't that hot (nor is Paige's 3 of 9). But for this year alone, it's hard to argue that Cat's season hasn't been hot. The lowest she's finished in any tourney is 4th (Paige = 7th).

But truthfully, both of them are having "hot" seasons. Cat's just been slightly hotter overall. Head to head in DGPT/NT events, Cat has the slight edge 5-4. The only other event they've been at together was Nick Hyde, which Cat won in admittedly strange circumstances. And in today's rating update, Cat passed Paige for #1 rated woman in the world.

Hard to argue that so far, Cat's having the better year, but it's close and there's a lot of season left. Should be fun to watch.

Cat higher rated than Paige, wow ( big jump in rating for Cat ) . i think that the first time since early 2017

May not be fun but some of the biggest names in sport have a big rival that they don´t really like. . media love rivalry. .and so does fans, you want "your team/player" to beat the one you "hate"

Last edited:
Cat missed a few really short putts in R4 and looked VERY angry after that. .

Speaking of foot faults. . on hole 7 R3 Calvin goes WAY over the dropzone line. . .did i miss something, could they do that?

Pic in his x-step, he goes well over a meter over the line after this

attachment.php

Attachments

• ff.JPG
    ff.JPG
    115.4 KB · Views: 198
Had a great time spectating the third round on Saturday; drove down with a buddy of mine from Olympia.

We staked out lead card on hole 3. UDisc guy approached us and asked if one of us could help out with live scoring while he caught up chase card. I picked up the slack with live scoring and was afforded the opportunity to follow lead card effectively as a media partner!

I'm the handsome bearded fellow in grey marveling at and recording Seppo's circle 2 skip result, and that's my friend next to me. He's played a handful of rounds now; I think he's hooked. :popcorn:

What a day - on the way back up we stopped for a round at Pier. <3

Speaking of foot faults. . on hole 7 R3 Calvin goes WAY over the dropzone line. . .did i miss something, could they do that?

Pic in his x-step, he goes well over a meter over the line after this

attachment.php

There was a DZ line on the pavement you can see, and another optional one painted on the grass, which you can't really see here.

O good. . i was thinking " how can he miss the line by 2 meters and no one calls him" . . .but all is good then :)

His throw was OB, and since you can only apply one penalty per throw, there was no reason to make a call even the 2nd line wasn't there.

(I was curious why the commentators didn't say anything though)

His throw was OB, and since you can only apply one penalty per throw, there was no reason to make a call even the 2nd line wasn't there.

(I was curious why the commentators didn't say anything though)

I dont understand, so he could just go as far forward as he wanted? ( why not go all the way to the basket then ) . . the OB was his first throw this is his not "the same throw"

I dont understand, so he could just go as far forward as he wanted? ( why not go all the way to the basket then ) . . the OB was his first throw this is his not "the same throw"

There's a provision in the rulebook for purposefully breaking rules that results in a DQ -- and probably PDGA punishment.

Thinking, a lot of people typically question Catrina's attitude and relationships with the other FPO players. Perhaps it's PP with the issue?

There was a DZ line on the pavement you can see, and another optional one painted on the grass, which you can't really see here.

Announcers mention this in the coverage. Players had the option to throw from the marked drop zone on the pavement, or the marked drop zone on the grass.

Calvin threw legally from within the designated drop zone on the grass.

So he did not make a misstake, all is good

But i still don´t understand what you mean here

His throw was OB, and since you can only apply one penalty per throw

This is a different throw than the OB throw. . so IF he makes a fault here. . it´s a NEW fault/throw so have to be another penalty ?

Announcers mention this in the coverage. Players had the option to throw from the marked drop zone on the pavement, or the marked drop zone on the grass.

Calvin threw legally from within the designated drop zone on the grass.

Ah. CCDG replaced the video I watched (and probably Jolt also). They must have added a comment on Heimburg's throw.

So he did not make a misstake, all is good

But i still don´t understand what you mean here

This is a different throw than the OB throw. . so IF he makes a fault here. . it´s a NEW fault/throw so have to be another penalty ?

(IIRC) He threw two OBs: one from the teebox; one from the DZ.

(IIRC) He threw two OBs: one from the teebox; one from the

Aha, now i understand. . he throw THAT OB to, then a foot fault does not matter. . but i kind of think it should