• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA NT: 2019 Beaver State Fling presented by KEEN 07-Jun to 09-Jun-2019

Maybe OT but Ratings is strange.

Just last week Hokom got: 980, 1039 and 1013. . Missy 1002, 1015 and 990 at "La Nina Open"

Just a week later the are at : Hokom 947, 902 and Missy at 907, 919 here att Beaver state

It just looks strange when a 911 Rated player like Missy suddenly average over 1000

I need to lern how Rating is calculated

Care to elaborate? What he is saying, the way he is saying it? Non-native English rubbing the wrong way?

Yea, I think the accent is what gets me the most. Very monotone and not very excitable. He is very knowledgeable but for me it just doesnt translate to his commentary. Ian is great but Seppo just brings it down imo.

Yea, I think the accent is what gets me the most. Very monotone and not very excitable. He is very knowledgeable but for me it just doesnt translate to his commentary. Ian is great but Seppo just brings it down imo.

Seppo's fighting his upbringing, Finns aren't culturally encouraged to chatter:

What she neglected to tell me, however, is that Finns think if there's no important topic to discuss, there's no conversation at all. In fact, one of their national sayings is 'Silence is gold, talking is silver'.

Small talk outside social situations between close friends is virtually non-existent. Interactions with baristas? Limited to the name of the coffee you want to order. Sitting, walking or standing in a way that requires acknowledging a stranger's presence? Never. (A meme featuring people standing outside a bus shelter rather than under it is an often-posted joke in Finland to illustrate this point.) If you're a foreigner, congratulations – you're probably the loudest person on their often (voluntarily) silent public transport.

I need to lern how Rating is calculated
Take the average player rating of the players in the event who played the same layout.
Take the average score of those players for that round.
Set them equal to each other.

If the course is easy, make each stroke worth 11 or 12 points. If the course is hard, make each stroke worth 8 or 9 points.

The end.

Take the average player rating of the players in the event who played the same layout.
Take the average score of those players for that round.
Set them equal to each other.

If the course is easy, make each stroke worth 11 or 12 points. If the course is hard, make each stroke worth 8 or 9 points.

The end.

OK, nice. . i still think Missys Rating last week is strange. . its by far her three higest rated rounds in her rating history

But back to Beaver State. .

Not a very good round by Paige P. . but good enough, no one to "hunt down" this time

Eagle will be hard to beat, Seppo is really the only one with a chance. . then a close race for third place

Didnt notice if they did the same on the West course but :clap: for new DC28s on the East.:thmbup:

What do you think about AJ Risley using Calvin Heimburg's disc to tap in his own putt on hole 3 of round 3?
I don't know what the rules are concerning that.

10:52 of the video below.

What do you think about AJ Risley using Calvin Heimburg's disc to tap in his own putt on hole 3 of round 3?
I don't know what the rules are concerning that.

10:52 of the video below.

There are no rules concerning that. It's 100% allowed.

The only thing questionable about it was whether or not he should have pulled Heimburg's disc entirely out of the basket before he returned it to the basket and let it go. But really, it's a distinction that doesn't mean all that much. At most, I'd call it a bit lazy.