• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA NT: 2019 Las Vegas Challenge

That hole 7 is weird. . several players throw OB and still gets a birdy?
So basicly aim for the OB and just make the short putt. . and it you are lucky to skip out of the OB then you have a eagle look
It´much better to aim at the OB then to lay up short, very strange design

Very nice last round from Van Dyken. . .no OBs or Bogeys and 1001 rating . .. .she was the only player to go OB or Bogey free, key on this course

That hole 14 was very costly for Dustin Keegan, hard to loose 3 throws in one hole.
But nice to finnish R3 with 12 straight Birdies and then start R4 with four more

I enjoy watching this coverage. Sure it's open, but there are plenty of challenges. The players aren't just hucking hyzers in an open field. There is a lot of OB to think about and with all the ground play caused by the short/dead grass it's very cool to see these guys control their disc angles to try to get the disc to stick or to purposely play the skip/slide. Watching someone control the ground play on their disc is almost as exciting as watching someone lace a tight tunnel in the woods. Nothing easy about these courses if you're trying to rack up birdies. These guys just make it look easy.

There were really only a handful of interesting holes across all 3 courses. That said, I still enjoy the coverage and will watch what's remaining over the next couple of days.

I enjoy watching this coverage. Sure it's open, but there are plenty of challenges. The players aren't just hucking hyzers in an open field. There is a lot of OB to think about and with all the ground play caused by the short/dead grass it's very cool to see these guys control their disc angles to try to get the disc to stick or to purposely play the skip/slide. Watching someone control the ground play on their disc is almost as exciting as watching someone lace a tight tunnel in the woods. Nothing easy about these courses if you're trying to rack up birdies. These guys just make it look easy.

Golf course plus dead grass just equals a really dreary thing to watch. Maybe it's because I live up north, but I'd rather watch a snow round than a dead grass golf course.

Golf course plus dead grass just equals a really dreary thing to watch. Maybe it's because I live up north, but I'd rather watch a snow round than a dead grass golf course.

To each their own, I guess. I'm also up north and I'm very tired of the snow outside. I'm very happy to see a course with palm trees and grass, even if it is dead. Don't need to watch a bunch of guys trying their best to maintain balance on slippery surfaces. Had a tournament near here a couple weeks ago that had so much ice people are still nursing bruises from all the falls. No thanks.

This tournament makes me look forward to tournaments with interesting holes. Mostly wide open disc golf courses on golf courses are super boring to watch.

I agree that watching the best pros throw such good shots is fun and good learning for many of us casual players. Where I start getting a bit bored is watching multiple cards and both FPO and MPO (I try to watch FPO first, if I can) on these holse that really begin looking exactly the same after a while. That's when the wide open courses start to get boring to watch...

Just watched the MPO final rd. Tale of two 9's for Heimburg. Clearly the pressure was getting to him early, and losing a 6 stroke lead that quickly only creates more nerves. Huge credit to him for righting the ship And playing an excellent back 9. Big win that would have haunted him for a while if he'd have let it slip away.

Calvin is another tall, lanky, long throwing young gun. He absolutely crushes drives. His putting was pretty solid, too. I want to see him and Eagle on the same card because their games are so similar. Given both of their trajectories, quite likely.

I get the dislike for the courses, but I'm just happy to watch some competitive disc golf again. Ball golf courses are more tolerable at the beginning of the season.

I get the dislike for the courses, but I'm just happy to watch some competitive disc golf again. Ball golf courses are more tolerable at the beginning of the season.

I agree!

Open courses are not my favorite to watch but, it's the beginning of the season and it was a good tourney with some new faces. By the time the Memorial is over, I'll be sick of open course golf though.

Nice to see Calvin take it down:clap: