• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA NT: 2021 Dynamic Discs Open Apr 28-May 1

You think that pro players are deciding to stop, step and jump putting, because they feel bad that it places their opponents, in a bad rules position?

Some do, at least with the step-through. Or they've consciously not developed that move because they think they should be able to hit a 35-footer without it.

I don't know the history of the rule too well, and this may have already been debated extensively. Maybe it's because more players have microphones in front of them these days, but I hear a lot more complaining about the step putt now than I did when Feldberg first started doing it. Probably because so many current players doing it wait to release until their step-through foot is almost on the ground, if they actually do release on time.

Can´t find Ben on Discrafts Team page, is he new to Discraft?

Not going so great for the team DD players at thier "home event" . . .

-15 for Ricky with an OB and a missed C1x putt?,,,just wow

Can´t find Ben on Discrafts Team page, is he new to Discraft?

Not going so great for the team DD players at thier "home event" . . .

-15 for Ricky with an OB and a missed C1x putt?,,,just wow

He's on the Tour Team...https://www.team.discraft.com/teamdiscraft/Benjamin-Callaway-

DD doesn't really have any elite team members other than maybe Clemons and even he's only rated 1028. Risley has fallen off a bunch in the last couple years and Oakley is more of a personality than an elite player.

Last edited:
He's on the Tour Team...https://www.team.discraft.com/teamdiscraft/Benjamin-Callaway-

DD doesn't really have any elite team members other than maybe Clemons and even he's only rated 1028. Risley has fallen off a bunch in the last couple years and Oakley is more of a personality than an elite player.

How did i miss that...was looking for a "Ben" ;)

Hope DD get a strong Team back, once they had "THE" FPO team . . .but that might not have been anything that sold more discs...just a cost.

I noticed Heimburg uses a Draco (Millennium) for certain approach shots. Is that a common thing, being sponsored by one company (Innova), but still using another companies discs?

I would have thought that the top pros are bound by their contracts to use only the discs of their sponsor?

I noticed Heimburg uses a Draco (Millennium) for certain approach shots. Is that a common thing, being sponsored by one company (Innova), but still using another companies discs?

I would have thought that the top pros are bound by their contracts to use only the discs of their sponsor?

Innova manufactures for Millennium and Discmania.

Yeah, you'll see a few innova players throwing Millennium. Kinda like McBeth putting the P2 while he was Innova's poster boy.

The Draco actually is a Calvin signature disc. Philo throws Quasars and has a signature Falcon, Barsby has a signature Scorpius, Brinster has a signature Sentinel...

There are plenty of other company partnerships like this. I copied from Reddit below. Note that this weekend you'll see a lot of Lat64, Westside, and DD signs but rarely see other companies. It's because this is the DD Open, and they posted many signs from their partner companies.

I'll group the manufacturers here together by their production.

Innova, Discmania, Millenium, Hyzerbomb (iirc)

Latitude 64, Westside, Dynamic Discs

MVP, Axiom

Discraft, DGA

Prodiscus, Element

Gateway makes some smaller brand's discs as well, Reptilian, Fly High, and Element

Manufacturers that only produce for one brand (afaik): Prodigy, Vibram, Kastaplast, Legacy

Note that these don't necessarily mean that these companies are related, but these are where the discs come from. With the Innova and Latitude family, their sponsored players can carry from all brands within the family.

There are some other smaller manufacturers I know I've missed, but these are the basics.

Just watching coverage now. He's using the Draco for more than just approach shots -- it looks like he's using it in the stable fairway slot now that he's beat all those eagles to straight/flippy. Hole 3 he throws a 200' layup and then a 420' flat to hyzer at the pin.

So how does the Country Club compare to Jones Gold?

Easier or harder to score on... I know conditions play a huge part in that of course...

Yeah, you'll see a few innova players throwing Millennium. Kinda like McBeth putting the P2 while he was Innova's poster boy.

The Draco actually is a Calvin signature disc. Philo throws Quasars and has a signature Falcon, Barsby has a signature Scorpius, Brinster has a signature Sentinel...

he threw the p2 but never putted them ya dingus

Yeah. Had up to 4x signature S-P2 runs. Then he couldnt get the 5x soon enough and 5x S-P2s never happened. Sigh.

I think once McBeth became the Innova Team Captain his contract required carrying only Innova discs in his Innova HeroPack exclusively. Same has happened with Nate Sexton switching from the P2 to Firefly and Mortar to Caiman, though he hasn't had to give up his Pound bag. I'd assume most companies have some contract stipulations like this based on the level of sponsorship (Star team/Touring team etc..).

Jerm has had the Mortar/P2/Slab in his bag for a while. GG has the Emperor & Sabot. I think multiple current/past Innova pros have had Scorpius/Quasar at different points.

Millennium now owns the Hyzerbomb brand (previously were the go between to get those made & stamped with 'Millennium powered'). It seems Millennium has been getting a bit more interested in co-sponsoring pros and increasing production runs of their molds.

Heimburg has both a Pink Star Firebird and a Pink Quantum Draco and I think the commentary crew has trouble differentiating them. They also keep saying a blue champion disc is a TeeBird but potentially its a Thunderbird based on his last ITB where he said the Eagle cycle was knocking all but his most beat up TeeBird out. Probably lost a few too many of Jerm's Thunderbirds to get another one.