• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA ratings are up. How'd you do?

So...my rating was a 937, then I played a tournament and completely tanked. Two of my worst rounds in years, and my rating went up to 942. How is this possible?

Still didnt get mine :( dont understand why it looks as if the top players were not updated either

Still didnt get mine :( dont understand why it looks as if the top players were not updated either

Because the update isn't instantaneous. It takes a while for the new numbers to upload to the server and propagate to the website. It doesn't help matters when the server is also getting bombarded from this side by people looking for the updated numbers.

The numbers aren't going to change again until the next update. There's really no rush to see the new ratings right away...they'll be the same numbers if you wait until later tonight or even tomorrow.

looks like my last two tournies aren't factoring into this rating...one from middle of April, the other from a few weeks ago...that sucks...

So...my rating was a 937, then I played a tournament and completely tanked. Two of my worst rounds in years, and my rating went up to 942. How is this possible?

The only thing I can think of the is the rounds that got kicked were a rated lower than your most recent worst rounds in years. But I don't know how many tournaments you play, so it may or may not be possible.

Down 8 thanks bowling green. On a side note what are the points for next to my rating?

If I've got the right idea on these, the points for most of us are just bragging rights. :eek: They're based on how many folks you beat or tied in all your rated rounds, with a multiplier depending on whether you did them in A, B, or C-tier events, etc.

An interesting thing to look at is the Player statistics page, where you can pull up a list of all the folks in your state, division, age bracket, gender, whatever, and see who plays an awful lot of rated rounds.

I think there actually is some recognition for the folks at the very top of Am and Pro every year.

I went up 1 to tie my all time high of 949. Was hoping for more of a jump, but my 1026 wasn't included in this update, and now by next update my sprained ankle rounds will cancel it out.

I've only played two since the last update, but neither was included. Is that normal??

Actually, for us update-watchers, I think so. The event has to be submitted and finalized 3 or 4 weeks before the update to get processed. I've learned to just be as patient as I can, and know that they'll all get in there sooner or later.

btw, I'm up a whopping 2 points, and therefore still Rec rated. I'm hoping this is my year to no longer be eligible for that division. :eek:

Latest posts