• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

People checking your bag etiquette

Bag etiquette: Looking in a stranger's bag

• Is cool, as long as they don't take anything.

Votes: 28 10.0%
  • Is not cool, unless you ask for permission

Votes: 191 68.0%
  • Not cool, period. None of your business unless I know you

Votes: 52 18.5%
  • I just think this poll is dumb AND I prefer to play bingo with gram gramsth

Votes: 10 3.6%

• Total voters

BrotherDave

Crushing on Zoe and Hating on Keegan
Diamond level trusted reviewer
I was over at Johnson St today, it's a busy little course with high potential for TDDs and unethical discers. I was waiting for my hole to clear and this other guy comes up to me and starts talking about the discs in my bag. Very casual, and polite he just walks up to the bag on the ground and goes "I see you got some MVP in there, nice, do you have any old plastic in there?" I'm like, "no, not really." He bends down and starts rifling through it, looking at every disc.

Finally, he leaves and we stop chit chatting. It didn't dawn on me until later that he may have lost a disc recently and was inspecting my bag. I could be completely wrong, he was certainly a nice enough guy and just a plastic junkie like a lot of us but I've never had a complete stranger just rifle through my discs like that. Does that seem like a polite thing to do?

I misspelled gram grams. She is going to be PO'd at me.

I'd have probably said something. I wouldn't mind showing someone my discs, depending on how I'm reading them, but just walking up and going through my bag? I'm thinking that's a "no".

I'm sort of used to being "that guy with the fancy discs" since I usually carry some MVP, Vibram and Lat. 64 on me so I sort of wrote it off as an extension of that but the more I think about it, I think the guy was hunting for something. He complimented my old Champ Panther though. :|

if somebody just comes up and starts looking thru id be a bit ticked, but i was playing with a guy i just met a the course today and he asked me what all i throw and he started looking thru my bag, that i didnt mind.

I voted before I read the story. In your situation I'd feel the same and would consider it odd or maybe even rude unless he had asked.

It's personal property, I'd definitely ask before looking through someone's bag. I'd expect the same, and probably be very apprehensive to someone looking through without asking. A simple 'mind if I take a look at your discs?' is definitely appreciated. I'm always open to showing someone what's in the bag if they're interested.

i think he was trying to be sneaky and check for his own disc

I think that's weird that a complete stranger would do that, but some people just have different boundaries. I don't really care if people go through my bag without asking, I just keep an eye on the person unless I know them well.

As for the poll, as long as you have nothing to hide you shouldn't really have problem with that. I would probably be impolite if I had suspicion that someone had my disc (I'm speaking in generalities, BroD wouldn't have anything to hide either).

Last edited:
oh **** you went to Johnson today? I couldn't make it. sorry :/

yeah kinda weird for this guy to just go through your bag. I might have rifled through someones bag before. but I'm weird about my own bag so now I ask before I peek.

rapid sequential post: anybody remember the billy crump video where he goes through Avery Jenkins bag like a USMC Drill Instructor. man I cringed the whole way through that video. he goes through Avery's bag like a fat kid goes through a halloween bag.

Yeah, nobody is going to look throughout my bag without a quick "hey do you mind?" at the very least.

Also, I prefer playing Canasta with my gram grams. :|

I'm sorta on the fence here. I've been the guy that rifled through another guy's bag and I've probably been the guy who had someone pull a disc out of my bag and take a peek at it. I was probably more than run the fingers across the disc kinda guy. I guess I didn't think that it might offend someone. I would certainly apologize if I did it and someone got ticked. However, I am the type of guy who naturally has no intentions of taking a guys disc or what not. So just perusing through another bag that isn't mine doesn't bother me if I'm on either side of it. Now if the guy had all my discs out and was in other pockets I'd start to wonder. I think you can tell a douche bag DGer as opposed to a nice guy DGer. SO with that said don't like the douche bag rifle through your bag lol

Latest posts