• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Phase Distance Driver

brutalbrutus

* Ace Member *
Friday July 31

Phase Model Specs

Class: 21.5mm Distance Driver

Weights: 155g - 175g

Diameter: 21.1cm

Rim width: 21.5mm

PDGA max weight: 175.1g

The Phase is an overstable high-speed distance driver.

The Phase caps off the acclaimed 21.5mm Distance class. Fans of the Photon, Motion, and Resistor will love the power resistance and wind-fighting characteristics that make the Phase perfect for throwing strong lines in any wind condition, with absolute confidence in its overstable finish. Forehanders, big arms, and those facing a windy line will appreciate what the Phase adds to their arsenal of reliable options.

class_phase.png

I was seeing pretty decent fade from the Fission Photon, so methinks this will be a bit too overstable for me. I'm eagerly awaiting see some of the bigger arms throw it, however.

Yea this will probably be a utility disc for most players that don't have a big FH. There are a couple holes around here where you need a hard fade and a big skip. So I might put one in the trunk box...

I was seeing pretty decent fade from the Fission Photon, so methinks this will be a bit too overstable for me. I'm eagerly awaiting see some of the bigger arms throw it, however.

yeah my max weight neutron is pretty OS. This thing will do some crazy helix flights it sounds like if its a "faster" motion. Flick-esq?!

Hmm I wonder if this will be the disc that finally kicks my beat up star max out of the bag.....FH rollers rule!

max is the one with the huge blunt rim ? I know innova has a unique OS mold (or did) but never understood that thing except like you mention, FH rollers. Hardly flew in the air at all.

Yea it has a fairly fat rim, not quite an H4 but pretty close. But yea it isn't a great BH throwing mold unless you want a super dumpy glideless OS utility disc. They do fly dependable FH lines though, and of course are great FH roll discs. One of the most OS discs I ever seen was a 175g blizz max. I saw several local open players scratch their head after throwing that cow.

Last edited:
Phase. Huh. Good God ya'll. What is it good for? Absolutely nothing. :)

Well for me anyways. Took my new 174g out today, and wow what a terrible disc for my game. I typically throw in the 325'-350' range, and this thing is WAY too beastly for me. So much turn and burn my throws looked like a noobie out on the course for the first time. I guess I'll hang on to it for those days where the headwinds are super strong.

I was waiting something glidey strong fading disc like Prodigy D1, but this pretty useless right now. I guess phase needs really bad beating to get the hard dumpy fade out. Photon at max weight turns a bit and has some fade, but not quite enough. Maybe proton photon then when they appear. MVP/Axiom has now pretty crowded super overstable drivers slot. Motion, Fireball, Phase, Resistor. How about making some midranges and putters with same amount of fade.

Phase. Huh. Good God ya'll. What is it good for? Absolutely nothing. :)

Well for me anyways. Took my new 174g out today, and wow what a terrible disc for my game. I typically throw in the 325'-350' range, and this thing is WAY too beastly for me. So much turn and burn my throws looked like a noobie out on the course for the first time . I guess I'll hang on to it for those days where the headwinds are super strong.

Pretty sure you mean fade. If you're turning and burning the phase.... Well, I don't even know what to say to that.

Pretty sure you mean fade. If you're turning and burning the phase.... Well, I don't even know what to say to that.
Yes sorry. It hooks VERY hard to the left. This disc is almost worthless except for the true beefcakes out there.

^ Yes please

Sloth:popcorn:

Sloth must be reserved for the lid!

Re: Phase - I'm interested to see that MVP can make a truly OS and truly US (Orbital) disc. I was one who had speculated earlier that perhaps Gyro made it impossible to create something truly OS or US. Axiom will fill in the blanks in stability soon enough I'm sure.

Picked up 171g phase yesterday and this thing is almost stupid at my power level. May have trade it in...

As much as the Orbital is understable, the Phase is beefy. I love that they made these two discs on complete opposite ends of the spectrum.

As much as the Orbital is understable, the Phase is beefy. I love that they made these two discs on complete opposite ends of the spectrum.

Yeah, I don't really love this.

Hate to be a downer but the mvp distance drivers have been a pretty big disappointment for me. Two utility discs and the wave, which is kinda dicey at certain power levels.

To be honest, I'm not that into the photon either. Some of that is due to my dislike of fission but I'm also not crazy about buying a third photon just to try N plastic.

I might jump back in when plasma drivers and/or axiom molds show up, but I filled my needs with innova. I'll still bag mvp putters, miss, and fairways though. Ball dropped imho.

I'm personally really impressed by 3 of the 4. The Orbital and Wave are winners, and the Photon is bagged when I'm carrying a full complement.