• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Phase/Photon/Wave/Orbital Hype Thread

I'm probably gonna hold out on these until the Plasma Photon, whenever they decide to release it.
I got this far without 20mm but I just ordered an Inertia from CommunityDiscs

it's a great disc

I'm probably going to wait on these as well if plasma is coming down the road.

fully-armed%20and%20operational_693c08b5-2ccd-446f-8f1f-d2cba9233b63.jpg

LOL, pick of the week so far.

Molds are typically made of steel. Aluminum molds are sh**. They get worn out causing inconsistency in the mold over time. I don't know about the disc golf business, but in most business, using aluminum are usually just made for prototyping or limited time use. Most molds are probably farmed out to a tool and die shop or similar and NOT made in house. Cost of a mold depends on the machine used to do the molding and complexity of the mold and molding process. Could range from 30K to 150k or more.

I know the cost for producing the mold for the Clutch and Clozer was just over 20k. So you're on the right track. :)

Help me pick one. Right now the only drivers I am carrying are clash, crave, resistor. I'm getting 275-300 usually. I'd like something really straight, I throw mostly RHFH.
Which would you think?

well these faster molds do not even have a set release date.

I would check out the 10 speed offerings like the tesla, inertia or insanity. Axiom will be releasing 3 more of the 10 speed discs also which complement the current MVP 10 speed drivers.

A seasoned volt is the straightest and longest MVP disc though ;)

Help me pick one. Right now the only drivers I am carrying are clash, crave, resistor. I'm getting 275-300 usually. I'd like something really straight, I throw mostly RHFH.
Which would you think?

Pick up a light Tesla. It has enough stability that it won't turn too much with your FH, and should give you a little more distance.

Pick up a light Tesla. It has enough stability that it won't turn too much with your FH, and should give you a little more distance.

Looks like a bit longer clash, maybe a tough more neutral? The clash is pretty new to me but I'm liking it.

I'd be open to axiom suggestions as well :)

I've got a lousy FH, and have been working on it some recently, and the Tesla is a FH bomber with cleanish form.

My kids are off for spring break, so we drove 1:20 to springfield Il, hit scheels to look at discs. I got them each a disc and grabbed the one tesla they had (proton, 168 I think). We took a 10 min drive to Lincoln park. It was a decent day, around 50 degrees. A bit muddy, but no big deal. I threw a bit high on the first hole. Second hole was a gorgeous hyzer around a bend. Third hole is really short. On the fourth it turned over a tad, then straightened out. It went a lot farther than I expected, hit the ground and rolled down the hill to splash in the pond.

So, I got 3 throws out of my brand new tesla. First disc I've ever lost :(

Latest posts