• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Phase/Photon/Wave/Orbital Hype Thread

That's almost every video I watch of disc flight.

Background is usually the problem. When on fullscreen, I had little trouble following the flight.

Last edited:
Their vids are usually a little easier to see. BTW that orange wave is the one I threw over the weekend...

Someone needs to teach them how to shoot a video. Can hardly see any of the disc flight, even cranked up to 1080p.

I actually thought having the shot type as the caption was a nice touch that helped me anticipate the flight pattern. Wasn't the easiest I've seen, but certainly not the worst.

I dig my 145g Photon. A bit sensitive, but the flight is really nice as long as my form is solid. I get good consistent distance, and when I really snap it off right, the best distance I can get. That and hte Insanity really work well for me. Replaced my Terns...at least for now.

When do the new 21 mm drivers come out? Probably in the thread somewhere, but I can't find it. Photon is awesome, but I'd like to try a less stable one as well.

The Photon class is the 21.5mm class of distance drivers, which includes the Wave.

The Tesla class is 20mm.

The Photon class is the 21.5mm class of distance drivers, which includes the Wave.

The Tesla class is 20mm.

Oops, I meant the new ones that this thread is about. 21.5mm. I believe the Phase, Wave and Orbital are not out yet. Wondering when they will be.

^Gotcha. Wish I knew, but I really want to try the Orbital.

The Wave looks pretty stable from that video, for a noodle arm.

Last edited:
^Gotcha. Wish I knew, but I really want to try the Orbital.

The Wave looks pretty stable from that video, for a noodle arm.

I don't have a great arm (maybe 275 distance, up to 325+), but the low mass Fission Photon works really well for me. It flips a bit at high speed, glides, and then doesn't fade too hard at low speed.

Wave looks very promising for my 375'-400' of power. I still haven't spent much time with my Photon: I'd hoped to get more experience with it on my recent road trip, but we were playing through wooded and mountainous Tennessee/North Carolina, where distance drivers need not apply. Wave seems to have a nice, controllable turn and not a ton of lateral motion relative to its speed.

So what are the reports of the Neutron Photon? Much beefier?

Bah. I was thinking that some of the Circuit events had already been played, but they start next weekend....

Last edited:
is the photon supposed to be the most over stable of the new drivers?