• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Pig or Rhyno?

Chucktown

Eagle Member
Anyone use these a lot. I picked up a Rhyno for windy day putting and I really do like it. But Is the Pig any different that the Rhyno? I have never been able to get my hands on a pig so all I know is that the speed is one higher according to Innova's flight ratings.

i have thrown the rhyno for a while and picked up a pig a couple weeks ago. For me the pig is longer and more overstable than my rhynos, but in a good way. i can really lay into the pig and it goes dead straight and fades real nice. feels beefier in my hand, like all the weight is in the rim...i actually like the feel of it more for driving. haven't used it much for putting so i can't comment on that.

Pro (floppy) rhyno for driving! I can put 100% power on it and it just goes and then sits down. Anything 250' and under where you need it to go and sit quickly, this is your disc.

I formerly used it for all of my putting, but went back to aviars. Don't look at champs, just pros. Pros are much better.

I like the rhynos for putting and the pigs for driving. However I have talked to some people who hate the rhyno because of the little bead around the bottom and much prefer the pig. The pig has a big beefy rim like a Hydra or Bulldog with the top rim like a rhyno. I think the Pig is much much more overstable.

The Pig makes the Rhyno seem like a Polecat...the only thing that is more overstable and has less glide than a Pig is a man hole cover.

I wasn't a fan (as if you couldn't tell) but the Pig does feel better in the hand IMO, just didn't fly like I wanted it to.

love the rhyno but i wanna give the pig a run

The Pig seemed like an excessively overweight version of the Rhyno.. even at the same weight. I dont know what makes it more bulky since they have the same general shape/thumbtrac.

I'll stick with my SE Rhynos... they're money.

The Pig makes the Rhyno seem like a Polecat...the only thing that is more overstable and has less glide than a Pig is a man hole cover.

I wasn't a fan (as if you couldn't tell) but the Pig does feel better in the hand IMO, just didn't fly like I wanted it to.

I've got a first run man hole cover, 9.5/10 field tested only. PM me if interested.

I recently got both (DX Rhyno...thanks rhino21, and Pro Pig) and I think I like the Pig better. It feels really great in the hand and I was able to put a pretty solid drive on it and then it just takes a seat. I agree that a soft manhole cover a good characterization. Although, I'd say that I think my Star Gator is way more overstable than the Pig.

Anyone use these a lot. I picked up a Rhyno for windy day putting and I really do like it. But Is the Pig any different that the Rhyno? I have never been able to get my hands on a pig so all I know is that the speed is one higher according to Innova's flight ratings.

Pretty much the same thing as a Rhyno, but the Pig is more overstable than the Rhyno. The Pig feels a little bulkier in the hand though.

WOOT!!! to the Rhynos

Personally, I would only use the Pig as a driver.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, I bought one on Discaroo, cannot wait to try it. I have banana hands so I am glad the pig is a little beefier because that was my one complaint about the rhyno.

for putting i prefer the Rhyno because it takes less force to get that straight but than a pig. it allows me to focus more on accuracy and less on power. i use my rhyno for shots 200' and shorter. its laser straight and fades hard to the ground. the reason i didnt like the pig as much is that it requires more force with no real benefit to added distance. i also couldnt putt nearly as straight.

My pro rhyno is MONEY!! I have thrown the pig and it feels great for shorter drives but the rhyno is just way more versatile. I use my rhyno as an approach disk more than any other disc. The thumbtrac makes it so easy to release on line and just drops with a slight fade to the left at the end of its flight right under the basket every time. If you are looking for just a solid short drive disk, go with the pig but for a better overall disc, go with the pro rhyno.

My pro rhyno is MONEY!! I have thrown the pig and it feels great for shorter drives but the rhyno is just way more versatile. I use my rhyno as an approach disk more than any other disc. The thumbtrac makes it so easy to release on line and just drops with a slight fade to the left at the end of its flight right under the basket every time. If you are looking for just a solid short drive disk, go with the pig but for a better overall disc, go with the pro rhyno.

Exactly what he^ said. My beat-in floppy Pro-Rhyno is golden. I love it.:hfive:

Latest posts