• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post a NOT cool disc golf photo

tumblr_omtwymEkFM1v9kyzpo1_540.gif

After throwing his entire bag over the fence into the hills in frustration, I ask him, "Is that everything?". He then hands me the mini and tosses the backpack in the trash.

There has to be more to this...

There has to be more to this...

My friend, (let's call him T-bone) was having a bad day...and a terrible round at our random dubs weekly. So he decided to quit disc golf forever and launch his discs deep in the hills.

A few months later T-bone was back playing.

Another regular at our weekly had gone up there and found a few of his discs. When T-bone asked for them back (I guess a few had sentimental value) this other buddy of mine said it'll cost him $100 bucks a piece. Not that he was trying to make money...it was just to F with him. T-bone didn't get them back. :D

My friend, (let's call him T-bone) was having a bad day...and a terrible round at our random dubs weekly. So he decided to quit disc golf forever and launch his discs deep in the hills.

A few months later T-bone was back playing.

Another regular at our weekly had gone up there and found a few of his discs. When T-bone asked for them back (I guess a few had sentimental value) this other buddy of mine said it'll cost him $100 bucks a piece. Not that he was trying to make money...it was just to F with him. T-bone didn't get them back. :D

I don't blame him getting frustrated and quitting... just look how choppy and disjointed his form is. :|
Before he spends a bunch more on equipment, you should help him work his technique, starting with a smoother delivery.

$100 / disc :thmbdown: :thmbdown: I've not heard of anyone charging for returning "lost disc". Sure they technically weren't "lost" but to me it seems the same principle.

And it might have been funny as an initial offer but that he never got them back seems harsh. Which one was being a d*** about it - T-Bone or the buddy of yours?

$100 / disc :thmbdown: :thmbdown: I've not heard of anyone charging for returning "lost disc". Sure they technically weren't "lost" but to me it seems the same principle.

And it might have been funny as an initial offer but that he never got them back seems harsh. Which one was being a d*** about it - T-Bone or the buddy of yours?

We're all good friends, and T-bone is known for his bluster. And he didn't lose his discs...he littered them across the hillside with no intention of seeing them again, which made it all the more amusing for us when he asked for them back after swearing he'd never play again. The guy who retrieved the discs is one of the nicest people you could meet, which made the whole situation just too perfect.

I don't blame him getting frustrated and quitting... just look how choppy and disjointed his form is. :|
Before he spends a bunch more on equipment, you should help him work his technique, starting with a smoother delivery.

Ha...yeah he isn't the most graceful player, but he still parks almost everything often while wearing flip flops and drunk off cheladas.

Last edited:
....Sure they technically weren't "lost" but to me it seems the same principle.

Missed this bit. Yes they weren't technically lost, but he didn't just shelve them or trash them either. He very publicly, in a blustery display to emphasize his departure from disc golf, threw them into very dense chaparral.

Ha...yeah he isn't the most graceful player, but he still parks almost everything often while wearing flip flops and drunk off cheladas.

No one should ever play in flip flops. Buddy of mine split his big toe open along the nail bed playing little old Kentwood. I always give him a hard time when he wears flip flops. That day, he drove off of 18, took 3-4 steps and tripped over a little rock. Cost him 4 months off of disc.

^^^Agreed. I always give him sh#t for it. Some guy in our area has tagged "can't stop the flip flop" with a picture of some flip flops here and there, so I guess some people are enthusiastic about their bad choices.

At least they had flip flops on, I was playing Cedar Hills one day, saw two dudes playing, and one was bare foot, no shirt and sagging shorts.
Looked like they were playing strip DG, and he wasn't doing so well.
AND, I sure wasn't going to ask, afraid they were going to ask me to join! :gross:

There's a guy who plays at my home course in bare feet. This is the same course where I've found used needles and broken glass all over the place.

At Silver Lake in Highland, Illinois, they have several OB areas with high grass, like 4 feet high at its height. Apparently, every winter, they burn the high grass down for it to grow back in the spring.

Sometimes discs go in that area. Sometimes they're not found until after the grass is burned.

Also, plastic is flammable.

Nuked_zpskt7ulmmw.jpg

^I first started playing in the 2000s at Castle Hayne, NC and they used to do controlled burns sporadically for controlling ticks. This means I would occasionally stumble upon:

For the squeamish:
melted champion edition plastic. Sorry CE collector guys.

^^There's a course somewhere, it was mentioned on FB but I can't find it, that after fire clearing they nail the melted discs to the pedestal of a raised basket. Kind of looks like an altar. Could maybe do similar at your course.

At Silver Lake in Highland, Illinois, they have several OB areas with high grass, like 4 feet high at its height. Apparently, every winter, they burn the high grass down for it to grow back in the spring.

Sometimes discs go in that area. Sometimes they're not found until after the grass is burned.

Also, plastic is flammable.

Poor Nuke...Only Big Z stamp I like.

Latest posts