• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post a NOT cool disc golf photo

Valet Parking on Hobbs Farm #8 (white tee), 291' downhill:
attachment.php

... only that's #17's basket.

File this under "take a moment to actually look at the tee sign before you throw," rather than assuming the basket in front of you is the intended target. :doh: :eek:

Disappointedly picked up my disc, plodded back up the hill to play the hole as intended (admittedly, a tougher shot, with a much trickier pin placement)... carded a 3.

Attachments

• Not Cool1.jpg
    Not Cool1.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 956
Last edited:
Allow me to follow up on this post:
The wet rocks on hole 2 at Don Shannon are slippery. Who knew? :doh:. :wall:. :eek:

Goodbye trusted driver. :(
If only I had video...

Having finished Hobbs and Tyus ahead of schedule, I headed to Don Shannon Memorial, thinking I could squeeze a 3rd course in that day. Get to a very scenic hole #2 - a water carry across some rocks/boulders that create a quick flowing rapids (pix don't do it justice):

Don Shannon Memorial DGC, #2 Tee:
495bd752_m.jpg

Basket to tee:
5a9cdece_m.jpg

I got this. So I launch my driver and it hits the bank across the way.

... only to flip up and roll back toward the raging water! :eek:

Assuming I'll never see that disc again, I walk across the concrete blocks laid out to get to the other side. I make it most of the way, when I see my disc laying on a large flat boulder about 3/4 the way across the rapids.

Can't reach it with my Disc Gator, but think I can get out there to pick it up. Figuring I might need both arms free to balance, I leave my Gator on the far bank with my bag, and proceed to step/hop my way out to the rock... damned if those things ain't slippery. So I make it to the rock my disc is on, reach down to pick it up and my left foot slips out from under me. In about as ungraceful a manner as is humanly possible, I fall backward, instinctively swinging my left hand behind me trying to break my fall, mangling my left pinkie on the rocks. But the real kicker is that as I'm falling back, my right foot swings out in front of me... propelling my disc into the torrent. :wall: :mad:

My finger's dripping blood, I'm pretty much soaked, and I'm standing on a rock with water rushing all around me, hoping I can catch a glimpse of my disc… but nothing. So I rinse my bloody finger off in quickly flowing water. Make it back to my stuff and throw holes 3 & 4… when the sky opens up, like a message from the Lord himself to cut my losses and het the heck out of Dodge.

Here's what the seat of my pants looked like afterward:
attachment.php

Attachments

• Not Cool2.jpg
    Not Cool2.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 977
Last edited:
Relayed your story to a couple of guys yesterday. We feel your pain, man!

...but, yeah, getting it on camera would've garnered thousands of hits online, or maybe cash on America's Funniest Home Videos...

Yikes man! That was quite a scene...and I kinda wish I was there to see it, but I'm also cringing a bit. Sorry about your disc. :(

Yikes man! That was quite a scene...and I kinda wish I was there to see it, but I'm also cringing a bit. Sorry about your disc. :(
Thanks. Finger's healing quite nicely (antibiotic ointment is good stuff!), and I have backups.... just gotta beat one in to where it's at that sweet spot.

To be honest, if I we're there watching that poor slob fall on his keester, this first thing I'd have done was ask if he's all right...then I'd have laughed my arse off.

Twin Creek is a fun course!

No, just no. Only course I ever walked off of in the middle of a rou.d.
I also never understood the stoner image Disc Golf has until I played there. I asked one of the gentlemen whom were at the practice basket where hole 1 was. He pointed and preceded ro ask me if I smoked weed....I got away from that group quick

I don't have a picture of it for obvious reasons but I was once playing Berkeley Park in California and there was a dude sunbathing nude in the middle of the fairway on the back nine. Needless to say I skip that hole

There's a small creek that runs in front of hole 5 at my local course, at roughly a 10 o'clock angle, between the tee and basket. Somehow, someway, my wife shanked a drive into the root cave of a tree bordering said creek. I did what any good husband would do in this situation, I paid some kid standing around a dollar to retrieve it for me

Attachments

• IMG_20180121_130113005.jpg
    IMG_20180121_130113005.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 251
  • IMG_20180121_130107979.jpg
    IMG_20180121_130107979.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 226
There's a small creek that runs in front of hole 5 at my local course, at roughly a 10 o'clock angle, between the tee and basket. Somehow, someway, my wife shanked a drive into the root cave of a tree bordering said creek. I did what any good husband would do in this situation, I paid some kid standing around a dollar to retrieve it for me

That kid's parents must have been mad as hell after he came home with shoes caked in mud.

Glad you had the presence of mind to snap a pic of him to post for our enjoyment... too bad you didn't get one of the actual retrieval. How deep did he sink into that muck?

My buddy gets his disc hung up in a tree. After he throws his water bottle at it 5-6 times. I said "Let me give it a try"..........:doh:

Attachments

• 881B19B0-F0AF-4B66-83E1-AF352A41E40E.jpg
    881B19B0-F0AF-4B66-83E1-AF352A41E40E.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 291