• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Post your most recent plastic purchase-Reboot

TWMIt.jpg

Bought these two a while ago. The Thrasher was hard to love at first, almost kicked it out of the bag. Now I love it. Preds rule.

BeWqu.jpg

Loved the BigZ comet for a second... but ESP and TP comets ftw. Wasp is a new love. The pink Undertaker is now my primary driver. That thing is aaaaaawwwwweeeeeesssssoooommmeeee

Last edited:
TWMIt.jpg

Bought these two a while ago. The Thrasher was hard to love at first, almost kicked it out of the bag. Now I love it. Preds rule.

BeWqu.jpg

Loved the BigZ comet for a second... but ESP and TP comets ftw. Wasp is a new love. The pink Undertaker is now my primary driver. That thing is aaaaaawwwwweeeeeesssssoooommmeeee

What the heck is a TP Comet? Titanium? When I hear TP, I think Westside plastic.

Picked up some thunderbirds to take the control driver slot in my bag. Nothing special, just a champ, a pro, and a star. Should have everything I need covered by 2 of these 3, plus my pinn/icon patriots and dyemax felon.

Picked up some thunderbirds to take the control driver slot in my bag. Nothing special, just a champ, a pro, and a star. Should have everything I need covered by 2 of these 3, plus my pinn/icon patriots and dyemax felon.

Have you tried a Lat64 Culverin? If you like Thunderbirds you will LOVE the Culverin, very versatile Control Driver, I switched from Thunderbird to a Culverin

Have you tried a Lat64 Culverin? If you like Thunderbirds you will LOVE the Culverin, very versatile Control Driver, I switched from Thunderbird to a Culverin

I'm not going to mess with trilogy drivers anymore that I don't already know the wear cycle. I've been throwing the felon for a long time but probably will go back to only lucid or maybe even just throw predators because the fusion I have got a weird flight path when it beat in.

Just got a Lucid Felon to try out. I like it okay, but it's not quite as beefy as advertised. Almost like DD borrowed Westside numbers for this one.

Really pretty though, smoky plastic with a granite look stamp.

What the heck is a TP Comet? Titanium? When I hear TP, I think Westside plastic.

Discraft had a plastic called Tournament Pro that had a powder on/in it. When the PDGA made some rule that made TP unusable during tournaments (can someone fact check that for me?) They discontinued the blend and moved on. But TP comets, even without the powder, are still baller.

Recently picked up some Swedish plastic, pretty stoked.

I started the season throwing nothing faster than a teebird, and put the Terns on the shelf. Now I've decided to move up to high-glide speed 9 for cheater distance rather than high-glide speed 11 and 12.

My new "distance driver" lineup:
JL Thunderbird - 171g
GL Saint - 171g
VIP Underworld - 170g
X Heat/TP Underworld - 168ish g

Also snagged a neutron envy, and picked up a DX aviar3 and a couple of pre-flight DX rhynos in a trade. I am going to try out a few putter molds to fill the straight-to-fade stable driving putter slot over my premium Judge(s), of which I could not get to fly quite HS/LS stable enough.

Depending on how it goes, my putter lineup will look something like this:

Prime Judge - putting putter
Beat up Classic Judge - upshots, longer go-fors
Fuzion Judge - possibly for straight putter drives, depending on the (over)stability of my main driving putter
Envy/Aviar3/Rhyno - stable-to-OS driving putter, flick approaches?
JB zone after it wears in/Aviar 3/Rhyno - more neutral flick approaches in case I can't get a consistent forehand release on whatever I pick for my BH driving putter
ESP or LE Z Zone - possibly for short, OS flicks, if my buzzz OS seems inadequate for shorter FH shots

Last edited:
Recently picked up some Swedish plastic, pretty stoked.

I started the season throwing nothing faster than a teebird, and put the Terns on the shelf. Now I've decided to move up to high-glide speed 9 for cheater distance rather than high-glide speed 11 and 12.

My new "distance driver" lineup:
JL Thunderbird - 171g
GL Saint - 171g
VIP Underworld - 170g
X Heat/TP Underworld - 168ish g

Also snagged a neutron envy, and picked up a DX aviar3 and a couple of pre-flight DX rhynos in a trade. I am going to try out a few putter molds to fill the straight-to-fade stable driving putter slot over my premium Judge(s), of which I could not get to fly quite HS/LS stable enough.

Depending on how it goes, my putter lineup will look something like this:

Prime Judge - putting putter
Beat up Classic Judge - upshots, longer go-fors
Fuzion Judge - possibly for straight putter drives, depending on the (over)stability of my main driving putter
Envy/Aviar3/Rhyno - stable-to-OS driving putter, flick approaches?
JB zone after it wears in/Aviar 3/Rhyno - more neutral flick approaches in case I can't get a consistent forehand release on whatever I pick for my BH driving putter
ESP or LE Z Zone - possibly for short, OS flicks, if my buzzz OS seems inadequate for shorter FH shots
Don't sleep on flicking the Envy. I use one for my neutral flicks that is identical in flight to my very beat Pro D Zone. Also, the Rhyno is going to probably be quite a bit shorter than the Envy and Aviar3. I also throw Rhynos (yes I love throwing putters, it is a sickness) on holes that the Envy will just be too long on, as they are much easier to range.

Just got a Lucid Felon to try out. I like it okay, but it's not quite as beefy as advertised. Almost like DD borrowed Westside numbers for this one.

Really pretty though, smoky plastic with a granite look stamp.

Yeah, the Felons I have thrown fly like a fresh Gstar Firebird to me (which is not a bad thing, but I already have that slot covered). More of a controllable overstable fairway than a utility meathook.

Don't sleep on flicking the Envy. I use one for my neutral flicks that is identical in flight to my very beat Pro D Zone. Also, the Rhyno is going to probably be quite a bit shorter than the Envy and Aviar3. I also throw Rhynos (yes I love throwing putters, it is a sickness) on holes that the Envy will just be too long on, as they are much easier to range.
Yeah actually I've heard that. It's a tad deep but I'll give it a try for sure.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Yeah, the Felons I have thrown fly like a fresh Gstar Firebird to me (which is not a bad thing, but I already have that slot covered). More of a controllable overstable fairway than a utility meathook.

I like the more OS ones lol. I guess one man's utility meathook is another man's go to driver.

180 mellow puddle Dx roc snagged from a bud's field bag. Traded beer/goodwill for it. ... disc was originally obtained by me and likely for beer/goodwill.
If you toy with rocs, give Marshall street some trade and try one of their flattie rocs. If you do not dig it, they are so easy to on course trade. ... i've done really well brokering a couple dozen.

Last edited:
After a little of a year playing and experimenting, I'm finding out which molds work for my game and getting multiples of them. I had some money left over in my PayPal account from fantasy football payouts last year, so I picked up a 168 Moonshine River and a 155 Plasma Insanity to complement my current River & Insanity. The new River should be a bit more stable than the current one, and the Insanity should be even flippier than the one I've been using.

Latest posts