• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Power Driver Freak PEEDEE Thread

I threw one a couple of times on Sunday. It was brand new, and it flew like a slightly seasoned S-PD. I like it a lot.

I-Like-It-A-Lot-Jim-Carrey-In-Dumb-and-Dumber-Gif.gif

I still am. I just miss having something with a little more distance. So I'll be doing a PD/TD plus Rival/Patriot combo. And just drop all out distance drivers

That is a great line-up. I was rocking that for while, but really missed my teerexes. I ran out of space in my bag so I kicked pd's out and put teerexes in. I got rid of the p-pd's but kept the s and c just in case I want to put them back in.

Would love to hear some more thoughts on the 4th run C-line PD's. Maybe a comparison to the QOLF?

Also how is the dome on them?

Went to a Deep In The Game clinic recently and the PDs with Averys stamp on them were definitely JL plastic and they were dometastic. Not bowl of soup domey but nothing close to flat. That much dome is going to make these bombers if you can keep them spinning

Went to a Deep In The Game clinic recently and the PDs with Averys stamp on them were definitely JL plastic and they were dometastic. Not bowl of soup domey but nothing close to flat. That much dome is going to make these bombers if you can keep them spinning

Yup. Same bit of dome as the CFR Champ Glows. Parting lines aren't any different compared to the bizillion I have.

Here's a profile comparison between the JL (left) and the 4th Run (right). I think I actually prefer the 4th runs because the JLs are fairly close to the CFRs which I have a bunch of. My current FR S-Line and CFR are still beefy enough though that I won't be carrying either for a while. When my S-Line is a little more seasoned, I'll probably put a 4th run in the bag to take its place.

5dccee66-a6a2-4d53-8f61-d79f02db9703_zpsfc23083b.jpg

i myself do indeed like the pearly run; don't think they're jolly launcher, are they? they are pearly mostly in the rim. i've been finding oranges that are pretty flat with a high PLH; it's nice.

I love my pd for rhbh throws.. I can really get behind it and watch it lock onto a slight anhyzer line before the fade without fear of it drifting at high speed. It fights out of an anny fairly quickly, like a servo for me. But I have a lot of trouble forehanding it at any speed without it burning where my servo goes straight. any similar experiences?

Would love to hear some more thoughts on the 4th run C-line PD's. Maybe a comparison to the QOLF?

Also how is the dome on them?

The QOLF is slightly more understable than the 4th run PD. and the dome is just ever so slightly under the Jolly Launcher. If you looked quickly you would say they are the same. the big difference is that the plastic is softer, so it glides more.

i myself do indeed like the pearly run; don't think they're jolly launcher, are they? they are pearly mostly in the rim. i've been finding oranges that are pretty flat with a high PLH; it's nice.

Those are 3rd runs. they are a pretty sweet disc!

On the topic of P lines, has anyone ever thrown a really light, like 150's? I've seen a couple and wondered how they'd be for a tailwind driver after they took a little beating in

Is this the relative OS order of C-Lines?
1st > JL > 2nd (plus)/ 3rd (pearly) > 4th

I can't really rate the Glow since I hated the dome and flattened mine and now it flies like a slightly broken in SPD.

that's weird then; i have an aberration.

the two orange 3rd runs i've owned have had much higher PLH than other 3rd runs and actually all the other PD in the stack - i handpicked them both. they are beefy.

Definitely the exception. The ones I had were like my favorite seasoned FR S-Line right out of the box. They were also the last of the flat(ish) C-PDs which I miss big time.

Definitely the exception. The ones I had were like my favorite seasoned FR S-Line right out of the box. They were also the last of the flat(ish) C-PDs which I miss big time.

hmm. interesting. yeah, the one i bought the other day was the flattest i've ever seen with the exception of the CFR CPDs. i dig it; it reminds me of my SP tsunami, just not quite as beefy on the fade. headwinds make it go straighter, farther.

Hi all,

I was reading through this tread and apparently I am a little behind on the whole PD situation.:doh:

I've been using PDs since 2010 I think and I absolutely LOVE the two that I have.

I would like to pick up a couple more because these ones are more understable than they were when they were in their sweet spot. But I'm not sure which ones to get.

Here is one of my two identical PDs.

photo 1.jpg
photo 2.jpg

Can you guys tell by looking if I can still get one like this?

I know there have been a lot of variations on this disc, valc/firebird mix, + mold etc..

If you guys could help me out I'd really appreciate it :D