• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Power Driver Freak PEEDEE Thread

It was sent parcel post which is the slowest option. I believe up to 10 business days, which this would be spot on.

I forgot there is a discmania pro shop.

priority mail is the cheapest option at the innova store. That's pretty nice that they offer a cheaper option. I'm pretty f'n tired of pro shop shipping charges of $7, even for just one disc.

Last edited:
can i see pics of some peoples beat up turn over pds? and how flat/concave is the tops on it?

also do you use any thing else for the understable slot that you categorize the pd in?

edit-how long did it take for you to beat it to reliable understable?

Last edited:

Far left pd is my bead pd that i use for turn overs,ive had it in the bag for 4+ yrs and the dome didnt change,its still domey like the middle seasoned pd and the fresh spd on the right.

It took a couple years before it was a reliable turning pd and that was with steady use,its gotten flippier since then but itll fight out still if its high and has time to work. Itll flip in a tail wind now though

I like to wipe the "Freak" parts of my s-pd's and make sort of a shield stamp out of them, but the last one I did I didn't use enough acetone initially ... which resulted in a pretty cool shaving cream type swirl. I'll post a pic when I get home from this weekend.

mKISjcM.jpg

can i see pics of some peoples beat up turn over pds? and how flat/concave is the tops on it?

also do you use any thing else for the understable slot that you categorize the pd in?

edit-how long did it take for you to beat it to reliable understable?

No pic atm, but the PPD's I use for turnovers have a shoulder and then are pretty darn flat, but definitely not concave. It honestly didn't take too long for it to be used for turnovers, when thrown at 80%+ it will turn even from a hyzer (350', likely OAT induced). Powered down, however, it will stay straight. If I want something shorter to turn, I'll throw a Patriot or DX Teebird.

No pic atm, but the PPD's I use for turnovers have a shoulder and then are pretty darn flat, but definitely not concave. It honestly didn't take too long for it to be used for turnovers, when thrown at 80%+ it will turn even from a hyzer (350', likely OAT induced). Powered down, however, it will stay straight. If I want something shorter to turn, I'll throw a Patriot or DX Teebird.

I'm curious if your PPD is stiff or flexible. I have been beating my flexible one for a year and still has lots of HSS and still fades hard. I rarely use my C-PD anymore because of the lines I can hit with this one. Hopefully it beats in to a turnover during the summer.

Edit: Just saw booter's post and I defiantly have similar experience with mine.

i had a ppd from the very first runs that was flexible and out of the box it was super straight but i beat the crap out of it and it actually barely got some turn yet still retained its lss. when they came out with the next run of ppd's they were soft and they were meat hooks compared to my other ppds. i dropped them after than because my spd was beating in so from my experience the stiff ppd's were flippier than the softer runs. PLH must have just been higher with the softer plastic

Anyone thrown the JL PD's yet? Curious to hear how OS they really are.

I grabbed a couple of the 4th run C-Lines (non-JL) and out of the box they're P-Line straight with slightly more fade. I need some with much more fade and don't feel like shelling out for the 1st runs if the JL's are comparable.

Anyone thrown the JL PD's yet? Curious to hear how OS they really are.

I grabbed a couple of the 4th run C-Lines (non-JL) and out of the box they're P-Line straight with slightly more fade. I need some with much more fade and don't feel like shelling out for the 1st runs if the JL's are comparable.

Same PLH as the Glows with less dome but more dome than 3rd run

Far left pd is my bead pd that i use for turn overs,ive had it in the bag for 4+ yrs and the dome didnt change,its still domey like the middle seasoned pd and the fresh spd on the right.

It took a couple years before it was a reliable turning pd and that was with steady use,its gotten flippier since then but itll fight out still if its high and has time to work. Itll flip in a tail wind now though

damm 4 years thats pretty good to keep holding onto a disc. they dont look too badly beaten either

Yeah i love that pd on the left,id cry if i lost it. Its actually uglier than the photo shows ha. Its more yellow and really worn on the nose and wing. The middle one isnt nearly as old,prob a yr or so. I normally will throw the middle one more and season it up until it gets more turn and then rotate the next one so i can have beat up back ups,i have one orange thats nearly as beat as the left yellow.

This is my current setup. The FR S-Line is the workhorse. The JL isn't really being thrown a whole lot (mostly thumbers and FH rollers).
893674e4-d91f-4650-bdef-e499f06ff02d_zpsf6830b43.jpg

The P-Line (upper left) is my turnover disc and is beat pretty bad. Not a whole lot of clean area to grip anymore.
c536c026-e490-4a90-b739-8f5687cb3f3e_zpsbdd752a5.jpg

It's from the firm, chunking era. This is the only spot on mine that's lost a chunk.
52f73a06-b0bd-484d-91c2-41c2e0bfc248_zps97bcdcdf.jpg

Last edited:
7hB2tkoqCXPy5HMq2WyCrwCwQf-RhYICEu4DYQbznUQ=w1207-h231-no

CPD- in and out of the bag depending on conditions/course. It's shots can usually be covered by a Destroyer or Firebird.
SPD- hyzer shots, forehands, flex shots. Straight flight but plenty of beef left.
SPD-workhorse- straight flight and finish. Will hold most lines, flips up from hyzer and will turn, but will still hyzer out if thrown high enough. I traded for this one, so I don't know how long it was thrown before me, but I've been throwing it for a little over a year. Around a 6/10
PPD- Lots of turn and still enough lss to be workable. Probably a 7/10, from the softer runs.
PPD- This one is pretty thrashed- it's been in the bag since I started throwing PD's, probably 4yrs. It will stand up and cruise right from almost any hyzer angle. Rollers, quick low turns, sweeping hyzers that finish straight. I can get dead straight lazers out of it too with the right power/hyzer angle. Great disc. From the softer runs as well. It's well worn but not concave, still has a nice dome/shoulder to it.

this is awesome seeing everyones pds. they all look beautiful even the well used ones. tbird do you flick that turnover ppd at all? could only imagine its really rough on the bottom inner rim as well.

ferrotdance that turnover ppd looks sweet. nice to know that they dont get concave. ive seen valks that have been more concave that a yeti (valks were dx though)