• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Power Driver Freak PEEDEE Thread

The shop had about 25 Nordic Phenom. They are all flat - on par with the flattest recent C-line, with hardly any variation in flatnes. None had dome at all. They are also more firm than recent Cloudbreaker/Cloudbreaker3. If you like a firm and flat S-Line PD, these are the ones. I saw green, light grey, light blue, orange-yellow and pink. I bought one 174g pink.

To compare, I had one newer C-line that has plenty of hard tree hits. The Nordic Phenom started off a bit more stable than the used C-PD. I played a round, hit trees, putted with it, couple of path skips, and I tomahawked it a couple of dozen times into the dirt. Now it's slightly mellower than the used C-line. I hope this trend continues. I can get these on slight flex lines out to only 325', so those with proper arms will have a lot more fun!

Well until Innova starts running the phantom sword in some grippy plastic or color glow champ I'll be sticking with the old Innova jolly runs and the new Swedish Italian PD's.

Another Round DG has a video up of the new Nordic Phenom PDs.

The way they seem to fly on video is very similar to the results I have seen for myself.

Got to try out a Nordic phenom today. I currently carry a lone howl 2 that is FAF and absolute beef I use in a FB role, and a F2 stiffer champ that I think is maybe holly launcher era but it's domey and flies like 9/5/-.5/2.

The phenom - mine is the darker blue:

• Plastic - gummy and tacky like a slightly softer royal plastic. I suspect this blend is royal or close to it. Feels so so good. I do think this plastic will beat in quicker than innova star based on what I saw in one round with it.
  • Profile - unlike their FD clone attempt, these are close to identical to the OG PD counterparts. The blue one I have is a nice flattish dome which I love.
  • PLH - not close to my beefy lone howl 2. Close to my launcher. Lower than DM 1 and 2, and LH 1 and 2. It is on the low side for a PD.
  • Rim width - it is a 9 speed. Came in at .905 vs the .925 of my OG PDs.
  • Flight - mellow PD out of the box. Has small turn out of the box.

Overall - love this disc new. It flys like a mellow PD and will bomb out of the box. It has some bottom flashing and I suspect that after that wears off and this softer plastic seasons a bit, this will be a -1 to -2 turn that will fight out at the end, which is a new flight to have and approaching beefy CD2 territory.

Got to try out a Nordic phenom today. I currently carry a lone howl 2 that is FAF and absolute beef I use in a FB role, and a F2 stiffer champ that I think is maybe holly launcher era but it's domey and flies like 9/5/-.5/2.

The phenom - mine is the darker blue:

• Plastic - gummy and tacky like a slightly softer royal plastic. I suspect this blend is royal or close to it. Feels so so good. I do think this plastic will beat in quicker than innova star based on what I saw in one round with it.
  • Profile - unlike their FD clone attempt, these are close to identical to the OG PD counterparts. The blue one I have is a nice flattish dome which I love.
  • PLH - not close to my beefy lone howl 2. Close to my launcher. Lower than DM 1 and 2, and LH 1 and 2. It is on the low side for a PD.
  • Rim width - it is a 9 speed. Came in at .905 vs the .925 of my OG PDs.
  • Flight - mellow PD out of the box. Has small turn out of the box.

Overall - love this disc new. It flys like a mellow PD and will bomb out of the box. It has some bottom flashing and I suspect that after that wears off and this softer plastic seasons a bit, this will be a -1 to -2 turn that will fight out at the end, which is a new flight to have and approaching beefy CD2 territory.

Your Nordic Phenom was gummy? Interesting. I talked with the clerks at the shop and they were all surprised how stiff the discs were in their shipment, and I felt them all to be stiff, especially the wing. I suppose the flight plate could be considered a little gummy. It's softer than c-line.

Your Nordic Phenom was gummy? Interesting. I talked with the clerks at the shop and they were all surprised how stiff the discs were in their shipment, and I felt them all to be stiff, especially the wing. I suppose the flight plate could be considered a little gummy. It's softer than c-line.

Under further review, gummy is a poor adjective. Feeling it at room temp inside, I'd say it's is a medium star stiffness and somewhat slicker than I initially thought. It must be a pretty temp sensitive blend.

Last edited:
It has some bottom flashing and I suspect that after that wears off and this softer plastic seasons a bit...

I noticed this as well. Out of all the new discs to come out of the new factory, the NP has the most sharp flashing on the bottom compared to any of the other releases.

I tossed a pale pink 174g one last night for a quick 6 hole partial round before dark. I will note, I sanded off the sharp flashing with a sanding sponge before throwing it. I was getting very clean releases both backhand and forehand. Distance was easy to achieve and every throw had that reliable PD finish that I've grown to love over the years.

I finally got to take my Nordic Phenoms out for some field work. I threw them next to 4 other PDs that I have. A newer Lone Howl 1, a seasoned Lone Howl 1, a slightly seasoned Lone Howl 2 and my favorite, a seasoned penned s-line.

The first thing that I noticed was that the profile was nearly identical to the Lone Howl 1. This showed in the flight. My NPs flew almost identical to the newer Lone Howl 1 that I have. The LH2 was a bit more overstable and the s-line has been seasoned to be a laser that has almost no fade. For reference, I throw PDs in the 350-375' range.

From US to OS they flew S-line>Seasoned LH1->NP->Newer LH1->LH2

I feel that I can confidently say that these new PDs are money and are nearly a 1 to 1 replacement for LH1s. Which is great since those cost quite a bit to get these days.

Finally got out to a course that calls for some distance. The Nordic Phenoms are incredible. Lots of glide, Laser straight for 90% of its flight, with a healthy fade at lower speeds. It's not as flat as my LH2, and there's some flashing that could be sanded off, but the NP is going to replace the LH2 in my bag. A much more usable compliment for my seasoned DM1. This disc is incredible

Finally got out to a course that calls for some distance. The Nordic Phenoms are incredible. Lots of glide, Laser straight for 90% of its flight, with a healthy fade at lower speeds. It's not as flat as my LH2, and there's some flashing that could be sanded off, but the NP is going to replace the LH2 in my bag. A much more usable compliment for my seasoned DM1. This disc is incredible

lets just say i have a stack of 10 now

lets just say i have a stack of 10 now

I also grabbed a bunch of backups 😅 I'm absolutely loving this disc. Very excited to see how the plastic beats in. I find myself reaching for this disc waaaay more than I ever reached for my LH2. The LH2 I was bagging was much more overstable. I think these NPs will cycle beautifully.
Starting to notice the differences between the old mold and the new- NPs feel a bit deeper in hand, especially compared to my DM1, I think, partly, due to the more pronounced/rounded shoulder. And there's a **slight** bevel in the wing that I havent noticed on the old PDs I have.

OK PD people. If the rumors are true, and the Infinite Discs Roman is the old Discmania PD, it is time to get excited. Was just checking infinitediscs.com and saw that the coming soon plastics are C-Blend Glow, I-Blend, and Swirly S-Blend.

Is this the P-line PD that everyone has been waiting for?

Anyone know the release date?

https://infinitediscs.com/infinite-discs-roman?Resp=704872222

OK PD people. If the rumors are true, and the Infinite Discs Roman is the old Discmania PD, it is time to get excited. Was just checking infinitediscs.com and saw that the coming soon plastics are C-Blend Glow, I-Blend, and Swirly S-Blend.

Is this the P-line PD that everyone has been waiting for?

Anyone know the release date?

https://infinitediscs.com/infinite-discs-roman?Resp=704872222

I throw actual Discmania PDs. They're fantastic.

Maybe Mods will have to decide if this is an Innova or Discmania thread, lol.

How do the new S lines fit in with the old innova ones?

I have two Nordic Phenom (s-line blend) and they remind me of one Gstar PD I had until it went swimming. Very straight, resistant to turn, and late mellow fade once they're beat in. I haven't thrown a new or old S-line PD.

I have two Nordic Phenom (s-line blend) and they remind me of one Gstar PD I had until it went swimming. Very straight, resistant to turn, and late mellow fade once they're beat in. I haven't thrown a new or old S-line PD.

they go through the wind very straight as well, i was impressed. Side by side with an innova pd... the nordic phenom flipped flat and held straight while the innova pd turned over in the headwind but eventually fought back. Something about the nordic phenoms and their wind fighting abilities.. very interesting.

they go through the wind very straight as well, i was impressed. Side by side with an innova pd... the nordic phenom flipped flat and held straight while the innova pd turned over in the headwind but eventually fought back. Something about the nordic phenoms and their wind fighting abilities.. very interesting.

Completely agree. The Nordic Phenoms can also hold anhyzer well that you don't want to burn over. It's become my most thrown mold off the tee, and a security blanket.

I would like to hear reports of the new S-line compared to the NP when they are both beat in.

Latest posts