• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pro Masters World championship

I'm a fan of watching good golf. Leader of Pro Masters 40+ is averaging 1047 rated rounds. That's good golf! Not to mention 2 of the leaders are still in the top 25 highest rated players in the world. Here's to hoping someone is filming this.

Well said BgWv!

I don't know what type of coverage that is going to be provided. But I do know that Terry is out there getting video of a few different divisions. Not sure when or if we will see shot-by-shot coverage of rounds. I will talk to him later and find out more details of his plans.

Just curious. Do you guys actually care that much about masters worlds. I love watching disc golf yet I don't care at all to watch the masters play or even follow their scores that intently.

As an older guy, yeah, I do enjoy watching them.

Yeah, the young guns have all the glitz and glory, but watching guys be technical is closer to my game, so I appreciate it. Love watching guys like MJ and Barry!

FPO is something I could care less to watch. All this hubbub about growing women's disc golf? I don't think it's ever going to be anything besides a small minority sideline. Not that it shouldn't be pursued, just speaking from observation, but women's sports in general are just not that big.

There is a huge untapped market potential in the masters/grand masters players. They have more time and discretionary income. Lots of them are past sports enthusiasts who still may want to do something besides watch, and lots are past golfers who gave up chasing white balls.

Just my thoughts.

Being a player over 60 years of age I totally enjoy watching the older guys play. I always found Barry Schultz to be one of the smoothest throwers I have ever seen. I get sick and tired of seeing all the younger players take the same exact shot on too many holes. I mean, how many 450 foot big hyzer bombs can you watch guys take off the tee before it gets monotonous? The older guys tend to take more varied shots between them than the younger set. Just my 2 cents worth...

I have to admit that I came into the sport with Barry and some of these guys at the peaks of their careers. Consequently, I know them and like to watch them. Add to that, they are technically and strategically very solid. I can't think of a better way to learn to play strategic disc golf.

I may have missed it but why aren't they using the new divisions at pro masters worlds?

From the article:

"How does this affect 2018 Am Worlds and 2018 Pro Masters Worlds Invites?
The 55 and 65 age-based divisions will NOT be offered at 2018 Am Worlds or 2018 Pro Masters Worlds. The divisions offered at 2018 Am Worlds and 2018 Pro Masters Worlds will remain based on the original age-breaks from the 2017 season. Starting in 2018, PDGA members will earn points towards invites in those divisions which will then be offered at the 2019 Am Worlds and 2019 Pro Masters Worlds."

https://www.pdga.com/new-age-based-competition-divisions-starting-2018

I do. Yes, I'm Masters (+). But besides the age thing, I've been watching these guys for years. Schweberger and old-school DiscGolfMonthlyTV? Yes please!

ps. is there live coverage? I'm googling all over looking for some

since i started playing B/4 there were discs designed for golf i am very interested in seeing how other players who were always much better than me have adapted to modern equipment and form.

I don't know what type of coverage that is going to be provided. But I do know that Terry is out there getting video of a few different divisions. Not sure when or if we will see shot-by-shot coverage of rounds. I will talk to him later and find out more details of his plans.

If nobody else films the FP40 final nine (only four throws separate the top two), then I will. I'll be there anyway, as I'm married to the current leader.

If nobody else films the FP40 final nine (only four throws separate the top two), then I will. I'll be there anyway, as I'm married to the current leader.

You're Mrs. Feldberg? Thx for being a part of the forum. :clap::clap::clap:

Latest posts