• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] Prodigy Manufacturing Collectibility?

LeewayeDiscGolf

Double Eagle Member
Oh no, another Prodigy Thread!

Has anyone else noticed all the slight differences in the first few gos of Prodigy discs? Some stamped with a texture hotstamp, some smooth, some molded to say disc, rare ones that say disk with a K, thicker edges on some and not on others. Seems like they are trying to manufacture collectibilty before most of the general public can even get their hands on these discs. Are they creating collectible discs or is this a normal process when getting new discs started? Opinions, thoughts, photos, arguements, whatever. Go.

And there was a limited run of a slightly less stable D1. Which aren't available anymore. My buds down here got em all. :)

I have not seen a DisK one yet and I'm interested in seeing a picture of one. I do know that the smooth stamp that say DISC are rare and are true 1st run protos.

Disc with a K? Hilarious. As someone who makes things, those kinds of mistakes are always on your mind. Case in point: A silversmith friend of mine who dabbles in stone, worked to carve himself a sign with his address on it, not only did he carve in stone the wrong address, he carved the NOT word- "PRIVITE" on the sign as well. What's more he never did notice until I pointed it out.

And there was a limited run of a slightly less stable D1. Which aren't available anymore. My buds down here got em all. :)

I have not seen a DisK one yet and I'm interested in seeing a picture of one. I do know that the smooth stamp that say DISC are rare and are true 1st run protos.

I've got one... turns just a hair in no wind, and can't even handle a heady.

Prodigy

My buddy bought one overstable driver and one undersable driver they seem ok but they are still a work in progress. I do like that they are allowing the sponsored players to hold stock in the company. Hopefully this will help grow the sport Innova and Discraft need to take notice as more players jump ship!

How long before companies start to run small runs mostly for themselves and lightly for the public, so they can sit on those discs and line their own pockets throughout the years? Oh - it's already happening? :doh:

:popcorn: (Note: don't listen to anything i say)

My stock of 50 "blue" D1's had 6 distinct shades ranging from aqua to burple.

Sweet, I want an aqua.

Here's mine

dscn0592s.jpg

Hey, anyone know the story on the 400 series? The one I saw was opaque and a touch more stable.

Please tell me its guaranteed 400' or your money back.

Purple - D4

I have two purple D-4 (pre-release) that I found at the course they tested these on.

One I pulled out of the water looking for a disc of mine and one I found just off the fairway on one of the longer holes.

WP_0002151_zps1e1b1296.jpg

Latest posts