• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Proposed Course in South Jersey Facing Opposition - Help Needed DGCR

Hide a trail cam near a basket. Secretly take up a collection to pay for it and figure out a good way to hide it. Catching that nut job vandalizing a basket would be one of the best things to ever happen to disc golf.

The idea of camo hunting camera has been indeed discussed, I'm working on access to one that has infared, night vision, and nice color day time sensors depending on light conditions - all that trigger with motion to record...

I very much think this dumbass will get himself caught on camera and the township would have to press charges. Personally, after my exerience with him and listening to his BS for weeks now - I'll find a way to catch him. No doubt he will sabotage and vandailze the baskets the first day they go in.

I love the idea of putting ONE in, to focus our camera on for a few days... Thank you!

The idea of camo hunting camera has been indeed discussed, I'm working on access to one that has infared, night vision, and nice color day time sensors depending on light conditions - all that trigger with motion to record...

I very much think this dumbass will get himself caught on camera and the township would have to press charges. Personally, after my exerience with him and listening to his BS for weeks now - I'll find a way to catch him. No doubt he will sabotage and vandailze the baskets the first day they go in.

I love the idea of putting ONE in, to focus our camera on for a few days... Thank you!

Be sure to let someone at the Township know what you are doing. :thmbup:

I know very little about trail cams but there are some fellas I work with who hunt and have some and if I remember I will see what they recommend. One guy at work had some great shots of some bucks right behind his house.

nobody loves trees that much. my guess is they're really worried about the dg course going right through their wednesday night orgy zone.

I've been following this thread for a few days, and the problem you're facing seems far from unique:

http://www.leddypark.org/news/18-hole-course-rejected

http://www.friendsofbidwellpark.org/dgp1.html

I've never seen the park, so what I'm thinking might be stupid. But at any rate, what I'm wondering about this proposed course is: is there a way to maybe put the course more on the "edges" of the natural area, rather than throughout the interior? In a way that makes the course interesting, but keeps most of the play away from the main area that the opposition is worried about? It just seems that you've got some strong opposition, and maybe by tweaking the course, it will at least be installed.

Good luck. I hope the course gets built.

We will see this week what happens at that meeting. I do agree with some other people that have chimed in.

If this course gets approved after all this and than is finally installed , I might not want to play the course knowing this lunatic is out there somewhere. Maybe even hiding in the bushes waiting to steal plastic?

We will see this week what happens at that meeting. I do agree with some other people that have chimed in.

If this course gets approved after all this and than is finally installed , I might not want to play the course knowing this lunatic is out there somewhere. Maybe even hiding in the bushes waiting to steal plastic?

Bring cameras and 2/10 plastic. Let him steal it, photograph it. Walk into local police station. Profit.

I just looked at the lunatic's facebook page again. Now he claims that he is concerned about foxes and birds in the area. I thought he was only concerned about trees? It seems he is looking for any reason he can find to stop this. So far, his reasons have been trees, tax dollars, and now wildlife. Next, he is going to say disc golf attracts satan worshipers.

I just looked at the lunatic's facebook page again. Now he claims that he is concerned about foxes and birds in the area. I thought he was only concerned about trees? It seems he is looking for any reason he can find to stop this. So far, his reasons have been trees, tax dollars, and now wildlife. Next, he is going to say disc golf attracts satan worshipers.

The page states that four people are maintaining it. "Chris Schillizzi, Joanne Schillizzi, Jan Pijpelink and Joanne Talahatu" They may not be completely aware of what all the others are posting 100% of the time.

The page states that four people are maintaining it. "Chris Schillizzi, Joanne Schillizzi, Jan Pijpelink and Joanne Talahatu" They may not be completely aware of what all the others are posting 100% of the time.

That makes senses. Damn it. I really want to believe it's one guy with multiple personality disorder, or schizophrenia. It makes it so much easier to think he is a total nut.

They live in New Jersey and these "environmentalists" are stopping a disc golf course. Uhh...excuse me? Shouldn't you be far more concerned with whatever else is polluting NJ, not people walking in a park?

If the opponents find this thread and present it, or exerpts from it, at the freeholder's meeting, it is not going to benefit the course proponents.

In reading through the dog park's facebook page, it appears they've implemented a 'no children under 12' rule. Is this accurate? A public park that no children can enter? Messed up, man.

In reading through the dog park's facebook page, it appears they've implemented a 'no children under 12' rule. Is this accurate? A public park that no children can enter? Messed up, man.

Actually, the dog park near me has the same rule of no children under 12 without an adult. This is so people don't have to worry about their dogs that do not like kids, or kids annoying their dogs.

Actually, the dog park near me has the same rule of no children under 12 without an adult. This is so people don't have to worry about their dogs that do not like kids, or kids annoying their dogs.

Yep, the dog park near me (in North Jersey) has the same rule: "Children under 12 are not permitted. The adjacent picnic area is available. Not all dogs welcome a child's attention. Running can encourage a dog's herding instincts"

This is why we've never been to the dog park. I'd rather take the dogs places with my kids, even if that means i have to keep them (the dogs) on a leash.

In my experience, many dog owners who take their dogs to dog parks think their dogs *are* their children...

Latest posts