• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Putter flicks

I've worked the putter flick approach into my game over the last couple of months. And it has really improved my approach game. I'm really only comfortable with it 100' and in right now, but it gives me so many options to get to the basket. Like Mike C said, it is extremely east to range.

I use a putter flick for hard right finishes, uphill approaches, approaches with a low ceiling, and whenever a flick gives me a better line from behind/around obstacles. I love flicking my VPs when I have a little room to work and I'm getting pretty confident cranking my Ridge through tight gaps.

Extremely, extremely useful shot to have in the bag. And I am definitely going to be working on expanding my comfort zone and range with my FH.

I've been using this shot for a long time. As others have said its very accurate and useful. i like them for layups and a fh anny is a great way to make a run at a basket from 100 out!

I flick my zone or suspect depending on the shot and the wind. More often than not, over half of my approaches will be a fh approach. It is fun I play with 3 people who can do that consistently and is super useful for outs in the crap.

I flick a putter any time I need a sidearm anny line that I don't want to hyzer. Sometimes it's just better. I enjoy having both shots in my bag at all times. I always prefer anny lines to hyzer lines until I get to fairways.

I use to use pigs for flicks all of the time, usually out to about 275ft, but i've recently switched to the suspect for its job. It's more reliable and won't taco once I hit a tree :). I still throw putter flicks though with my Jk Aviars. I use them for upshots and I pride myself on my accuracy with them :) Heck, I can make them do almost anything with just a flick of my wrist.

I can't Flick a putter more than 100 feet, but I apparently do so for touchy upshots around bushes and out of trees and such.

A flippy KC Aviar or a nice DX Dart is great for a nice anny FH to get out of trouble.

About 150 ft. usually on a nice turnover line to get out of trouble.

I flick putters a lot, anything outside putting range is a Flick for me unless a backhand is the only option. Barring wind, obstacles, or a low ceiling I'd say the range for a putter flick for me is 70ft to 250ft.

I flick Zones and Ringers. I can push a Zone to 275 ft on a hyzer line, and Ringers to around 230 ft. The low profiles of both discs makes flicking them easier in my opinion.

I FH Zones for most shots 220 and under that go right, or short Anny flex shots going around obstacles. FH my wizards for touchy stuff under 100ft. Like most have said, it's an extremely useful shot in the bag that you don't see many people utilize.

This is my go to approach shot, champion birdie - flies straight, true, stable....

I prefer not to flick putters unless its an upshot. Then I'll whip out the Rhyno and let it work. I'll flick a mid before a putter any day off the tee. I just feel safer with a mid. It's like a warm security blanket..... that i'm throwing.... in the woods....

I will flick my putter for shorter approaches where my stance requires a forehand. I can't throw them off the tee because they tend to wobble quite a bit and turn.

It's the only flicking I do really, gets me out of trouble A LOT.

A Zone for all my hyzer duties and a Pure for straight and turnovers.

I usually don't flick unless I really have to or I'm deep in the crap.

How many of you flick a putter? I do off the tee with a pro pig quite a bit, and have never seen anyone else do it...What do you use it for? How far can you push a putter flick out?

You see me flick putters all the time! Ridges I can get out to around 250 starting on an hyzer pushing through flat. Gets a little lift and a slight turn then stables up. Sometimes I'll use the summit and vp for utility shots within a hundred feet usually get out of trouble stuff.

I almost never throw a forehand off the tee, but I throw a lot of upshots forehand with my wizards.

I am considered the master of the putter flick. People give me so much **** for being able to flick a magic(now a pa4 :thmbup) on a dead straight line for over 150 feet, also love putter forehand rollers, talk about a ****ing useful shot. Sort of my signature thing :cool:

Love it.

You and me. Forehand. Any upshot distance (so not a '400 drive but a true touch upshot, say inside '300). Any line. You can set the wager. You can pick the shots. Air or roller.

I may not be the master but I would be happy to dethrone the master.:)

If you don't quit after the first hour (or lose all your money) I might be willing to give odds thereafter.

This is probably the best shot for getting out of trouble. It has so many creative abilities and provides lots of reach around obstacles. However, not off the tee.:|

Latest posts