• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

question

jb22384

Bogey Member
When you dye discs for other people or to sell, do you put a signature or anything on the disc, to signify that it was dyed by you?

I don't. I thought about doing it, but:

a) it seems like a big pain in the ass for no real reason
b) it's their disc now, not mine. we both know who did it, and that's all that I really care about.

I wished I had -- I sent a disc to someone without any markings other than the dye on it.......It gets taken out of the package in the mail system, and he gets an empty package. If it's sitting at a post office somewhere, there's no connection to either of us for someone to call. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....

Use the inner rim though -- it leaves less of a precense than on the underside of the plate. I just use my email, it's short and simple.

I thought about a little rubber stamp with my signature on it. Much like artists would do on their paintings. Now I wouldn't do this if I machine cut them, but as cutting some of these by hand is definitely a work of art I don't see the harm in tagging it with your name. So long as its something small and not easily noticeable.

Now I wouldn't do this if I machine cut them, but as cutting some of these by hand is definitely a work of art I don't see the harm in tagging it with your name.

Machine cut is still art. The design concept and execution is the artwork.

This is like saying graphic artists aren't artists. Or photographers (unless they produce it in a black room themselves).

Hand cutting is just a different technique.

This is like saying graphic artists aren't artists. Or photographers (unless they produce it in a black room themselves).

a more artsy technique ;)

I thought about a little rubber stamp with my signature on it. Much like artists would do on their paintings. Now I wouldn't do this if I machine cut them, but as cutting some of these by hand is definitely a work of art I don't see the harm in tagging it with your name. So long as its something small and not easily noticeable.

wouldnt that be easier to do with a machine? as long as its not like dynamic disc's sig then i think most people wouldnt care

agreed

There should be a John Henry Disc dye challenge!?! What is that you say, i just thought of it. The same image dyed by two different people to see which is better or if there is one thats better. Man vs. Machine?

There should be a John Henry Disc dye challenge!?! What is that you say, i just thought of it. The same image dyed by two different people to see which is better or if there is one thats better. Man vs. Machine?

you set it up I'll play.:clap:

The beauty of machine is that you are able to do complicated dyes that may be out of the realm of possibility for hand cuts.

For simpler cuts, the only thing I see a machine having an advantage over hand cuts is for circles. I've seen many curved or circle cuts by hand have a sort of choppy and uneven look.

The real artistry (besides concept and design) is the dying process itself and the different techniques there. And for both hand and machine cut that is by hand anyways..

The beauty of machine is that you are able to do complicated dyes that may be out of the realm of possibility for hand cuts.]

I didn't even read the rest of the post... this though... I feel theres way more that can be done without a machine than with. Whats the machine got? perfect lines/circles? thats it, I could hand cut any dye a machine could, what was that challenge about?? I think i'm in... Its just that the machine wont have my imperfections, which really make it a work of its own and completely unique.

Now, show me something that can do effective shading! (spray painters!? havent seen one of them in forever...)

Now, show me something that can do effective shading! (spray painters!? havent seen one of them in forever...)
have you ever tryed a acetone rich mix and a stencil brush you mite be supprised .

Not a stencil brush, but i've used many things with acetone heavy mixs. How I get the different textures on some of my discs. But ya, thats probably the best way to go about it.

thay make a stencil brush with a sponge like tip it works best. stamp,stamp,stamp over and over agian very lightly untill it builds ups like a airbrush.

Latest posts