• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] RDG Gila: Overstable Mid

Just a nice soft low dome. They're perfect.

The Flat Tops are amazing but I finally decided that it flies better with a smidge of dome.
Honestly, the Gila was a lot flatter than I was expecting and the Amber Gila was too much for my arm. I really tried to like it, but it was too short for me. It never kicked Sentinels out of my bag.

Lighter weight with some dome?
picture.php

That might be the ticket.

I really want to like the Gila, but for some reason I'm not super pumped. I have a proto-egg, a FAF fossil, and an early armor (maybe?? It's clear too :sick: )

I just pulled them out again and compared it to the Comet and it's pretty similar if feel. But I only intermittently throw Comets...or mids. So maybe that's the problem. And the ones I do throw are silky smooth Kasta or MVP.

I'm not sure what the point is here. You make a cool disc, I am apparently not a cool disc golfer.

I really want to like the Gila, but for some reason I'm not super pumped. I have a proto-egg, a FAF fossil, and an early armor (maybe?? It's clear too :sick: )

I just pulled them out again and compared it to the Comet and it's pretty similar if feel. But I only intermittently throw Comets...or mids. So maybe that's the problem. And the ones I do throw are silky smooth Kasta or MVP.

I'm not sure what the point is here. You make a cool disc, I am apparently not a cool disc golfer.

You need to give the Iguana a try when we drop those. They're very much like a Comet/Gila hybrid.

Jaime, in the new video, was the clip of your forehand with the Gila the new run of Armor? I was doing some soul searching about what my midrange set up should be and would love to try out a forehand Gila since Rocs don't forehand well

Jaime, in the new video, was the clip of your forehand with the Gila the new run of Armor? I was doing some soul searching about what my midrange set up should be and would love to try out a forehand Gila since Rocs don't forehand well

Believe it or not, that was the Tar Pit.

My favorite FH Gila though is the old Armor run. I think Josh has a case of those that he found that needs to be stamped up still.

My favorite FH Gila though is the old Armor run. I think Josh has a case of those that he found that needs to be stamped up still.

I need to start working for a disc company and just "lose" a case here and there:D Innova gave me the idea first but this seems to be a trend lol

Is this the board flat ones? Straighter and a little faster out of the box? That's my favorite forehand run.

My new batch of Gila arrived Saturday. These all feel great! I was excited that the glow is a little softer than typical fossil. I actually got out and got a glow round in too. It was right at home in the glow bag and was probably my most consistent disc I was carrying last night. Aside from the steglow maybe. (No good glow picture of the Gila)

Attachments

• PXL_20221125_024653208.jpg
    PXL_20221125_024653208.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 25
My new batch of Gila arrived Saturday. These all feel great! I was excited that the glow is a little softer than typical fossil. I actually got out and got a glow round in too. It was right at home in the glow bag and was probably my most consistent disc I was carrying last night. Aside from the steglow maybe. (No good glow picture of the Gila)

The Gila is the best disc we have IMO. It's so steady.

Glad you enjoyed it and found it reliable!

The Gila is the best disc we have IMO. It's so steady.

Glad you enjoyed it and found it reliable!

It's been in and out of the bag a long while, it's the only larger diameter or beaded mid I ever consider for the bag. It's been in the demon slot a while again currently. None of the fossil I throw are fresh but the glow is a touch less overstable stable than I remember fresh fossils being. It shaped lines so well for me, I didn't throw my glow buzzz or envy at all.

It's been in and out of the bag a long while, it's the only larger diameter or beaded mid I ever consider for the bag. It's been in the demon slot a while again currently. None of the fossil I throw are fresh but the glow is a touch less overstable stable than I remember fresh fossils being. It shaped lines so well for me, I didn't throw my glow buzzz or envy at all.

Just giving you a hard time but it's in your Demon slot yet caused you to not throw a Buzzz?

Dang!

Joedirt.jpg

The Gila is interesting because it's starts out pretty overstable, and as it beats in it doesn't gain much turn but the fade gets super mild.

My first fossil was basically a Justice when I got it, and it's thrashed into like a fresh Buzzz flight now. So I could see 2-3 Gila covering most mid shots.

Bar stamp is so funny.

All the stamps are prime. Also got a chameleon, carnivore, and a komodo.

Upon first feel, the gilas, the scale, and the chameleon are the winners. Carnivore feels great but it might be a little too shallow for my taste. Komodo needs to breakn in and loosen up a bit. And I don't know how anyone can say they actually like the feel of the stego but that's not the point, dagnabbit. It does feel pretty good though. Plastic feels great and this should definitely take my base Baobab out of the bag.

Last edited:
All the stamps are prime. Also got a chameleon, carnivore, and a komodo.

Upon first feel, the gilas, the scale, and the chameleon are the winners. Carnivore feels great but it might be a little too shallow for my taste. Komodo needs to breakn in and loosen up a bit. And I don't know how anyone can say they actually like the feel of the stego but that's not the point, dagnabbit. It does feel pretty good though. Plastic feels great and this should definitely take my base Baobab out of the bag.

OH YES!

The Chameleon feels amazing in the hand. I love that chunky grip.

Gila is our best disc IMO so please report back on that!

Stego is stupid and I love to ridicule it... But the Amber Stego is quite possibly the most reliable disc on the market so I can't complain too much.

Komodo isnt the most conventional feeling disc but it's flight is quite reliable and it soaks up power.

Carnivore is basically a faster Komodo that is really easy to grip FH. I don't use it as a distance mold but I do love hammering torque low line drives with it.

Latest posts