• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Recommend me a glidey hyzer flip driver

plus one vote for the Westside Hatchet in tournament plastic -

the glidiest hyzer flip/turnover disc in my bag, you won't regret it--

(doesn't do well in wind) like most US plastic

will go really far and turn right (RHBH) with not a lot of arm speed/snap
:hfive: I've been wanting to try some more of that sweet, Euro plastic. This one sounds like a winner. Can't wait to scope out discs tomorrow! I'm making a list and checking it twice.

If you really miss that specific Heat, you might still be able to get AR Heat misprints on Discraft's website. But I agree that trying new discs is fun. Enjoy! I was initially going to suggest a Beast (esp Star) but it's probably a bit faster than you want and can be surprisingly overstable when new. A Valkyrie could work but some are also more overstable than you want.

If they carry Legacy, you could try a Patriot.

Do you throw a Hatchet and/or Sidewinder? Just was wondering how you like them.

I don't personally throw the Hatchet, though I've played with a couple of guys who have them, and they are great. A bit more flight for less power than their other discs.

I found a beat Sidewinder in a dried-up water hazard last year, and it's my go-to for forehands.

SW is a great suggestion. So maybe also try an Orion LS (basically Millenium's SW - I think it's a SW with a spacer).

I Second the Orion LS. I think it is more like a Valkyrie or longer TL than a SW. In order of stability from least to greatest: Millennium Standard, Sirius, and Quantum.

What did you end up with, Nate?
Well, I went to the store yesterday and looked around for a bit... I made a list of Sidewinder, FD, River, Leopard, and Hatchet. I kind of wanted a Hatchet but they were mostly out of Westside.

I got a couple Teebirds for my brother and friend, and I got a mini Nuke :D. I am going to visit the store again because they are getting another shipment of discs. However, I ended up talking to CreemCheese about a used AR Heat which I just paid for, so I am in effect replacing my lost Heat although I still want to try a new disc :eek:. The Z Flex Heats looked pretty nice, so I may try to keep throwing that if this replacement works out. I'll probably end up looking for a flippy distance driver soon, or at least some more lightweight drivers that I can chuck.

The store by me is tiny and they stock mostly Innova, so it's hard to find a lot of stuff from other manufacturers.

If you want to replace that AR Heat, check this link out. Not sure what weight you had tho... I've been tempted to buy a couple of these myself.

Well, I went to the store yesterday and looked around for a bit... I made a list of Sidewinder, FD, River, Leopard, and Hatchet. I kind of wanted a Hatchet but they were mostly out of Westside.

I got a couple Teebirds for my brother and friend, and I got a mini Nuke :D. I am going to visit the store again because they are getting another shipment of discs. However, I ended up talking to CreemCheese about a used AR Heat which I just paid for, so I am in effect replacing my lost Heat although I still want to try a new disc :eek:. The Z Flex Heats looked pretty nice, so I may try to keep throwing that if this replacement works out. I'll probably end up looking for a flippy distance driver soon, or at least some more lightweight drivers that I can chuck.

The store by me is tiny and they stock mostly Innova, so it's hard to find a lot of stuff from other manufacturers.

Nice. I picked up a 158g Star Teebird and am loving it for my injured arm. Easier to throw and nice and stable.

If you want to replace that AR Heat, check this link out. Not sure what weight you had tho... I've been tempted to buy a couple of these myself.
Thanks! I have never even looked at this stuff before but maybe I should start! :hfive: I like throwing X-outs and misprints.

Nice. I picked up a 158g Star Teebird and am loving it for my injured arm. Easier to throw and nice and stable.
Yea! I love the Star Teebird and my friend lost mine, so he gave me that AR Heat and an Escape (I think?) for it. Now I lost the Heat, and I felt like giving him another Teebird for it. I have a G* Bird that I took out of the bag for my Fission Volt, but I'll probably put it back in soon. They just fly too similarly for me right now. I've been trying to switch to lighter drivers.