• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Regionally Thrown Discs

I agree with Z nukes in my area Chico CA, but I think I'm most guilty of that infraction.

It is not an infraction if you bought it knowing what it will do for your game. I will give you a yellow card if you think it will instantly add accurate distance. However, I reserve the red cards for those who bought the marketing kool-aid and purchased one without actually knowing how it was supposed to fly.

Rocs aviars and buzzzes.

As far as drivers I see them all. I have noticed an influx of roadrunners lately.

Rocs aviars and buzzzes.

As far as drivers I see them all. I have noticed an influx of roadrunners lately.

Roadrunners? Really? That seems like a strange disc to get popular. Are there a lot of rollers being thrown or are people throwing air shots with them?

I'm putting lat64 into peoples hands left and right. My buddy got an ace with a Striker that I gave him not one or two months ago on winter league. And another buddy just broke 450' with an ultralight Halo I got for him. I wish it would take off more.

I'm seeing a lot of stingrays at my home course being used. The disc golf population of Kalamazoo also seem to be willing to steal anything Crystal out of your bag too.

Roadrunners? Really? That seems like a strange disc to get popular. Are there a lot of rollers being thrown or are people throwing air shots with them?

It's become a popular flick disc around here for some reason. Two of my friends swear by it on the flick... and to their credit they can get out there straight and far.

I don't get it personally, I like the roadrunner for rolling and that's about all i like it for.

That is because most walmarts in the area only carry Innova, and if you want to be the cool up and coming player you do not want to look like you bought your discs at Walmart.

Disc golf scene kids?

I was talking to a friend who moved down to North Carolina and he was telling me how everyone down there throws aviars and rocs. I thought that was odd. Maybe its a southern thing that Discraft and Gateway are like the Toyota's and Honda's of disc golf. Id say up here Buzz's, wizards and challengers are a bit more popular but far from dominating the local mid and putter scene.

are you nuts?!!! everybody in the chestnut ridge area throws dx avairs, dx wolf, dx leopards/cheetahs, and dx beasts since those are the only discs at dicks sporting goods

Central NC is mostly innova. Most of the stores around the Triangle area carry only Innova except for PIAS. I've seen guys out there with Discraft and some Milleniums. Mostly Innova though. I think it has more to do with local selection in stores than anything. If guys out there had the choice to buy other brands out of the brick and mortar stores they probably would.

My friend just did scoop an aerobie epic for which we flamed him for and then proceeded to get him one of those flying rings so he could totally sale his dg soul to the devil

Destroyer and Nuke here in Central MO - everyone has these huge drivers they try to FH. I shoot with the TL, SL, Sidewinder, etc. and people have never heard of them. People have heard of Roc, but look at my 180g Star SM like it's sort of strange ... since it isn't a driver or putter.

Here in Portland the only trend I see is most people tend to throw understable plastic.

We don't get terribad wind and understable discs are easy to hyzer-flip through gaps etc.

wizards have more or less taken over around me, with a hint of ions, buzzzs, eagles, and bosses and flashes. wizards FTW definitely, but i more just wanted to comment that i see eagle users way more often than teebird users around here (i dont throw either)

I am from the northern part of Mississippi. For the most part, Innova is predominate with only 10% throwing majority discraft. Also, within Innova, a lot of people throw Katanas, Boss's, Wraiths as drivers. Rocs are definitely the majority. Omegas and aviars are dominant while there a lot of Gateway putters around.