• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Resistor

Stable

* Ace Member *
So I've got a 174g MVP Resistor on the way. Never thrown one. Tell me about yours. Tell me about Neutron plastic. :D

It will be more OS than your Banshee. The top is very flat.

Yes. Yes. Yes. This is why I love my Zone. I have two Champion Banshees and they both have large domes that give them way too much glide and they don't come out of my hand clean. I've seen several Banshees and they all have this dome as well. Looking for a consistently flat OS fairway.

I think you've found your disc. Resistors ARE a consistently flat, OS fairway.

:thmbup:

If I ever said anything bad about the Resistor in a previous thread, I take it all back. I'm loving the Resistor right now. It's an awesome disc for hard fades and sharp bootlegs. When the Verdict or an OS mid doesn't get the job done, the Resistor steps up and navigates around the corner nicely.

I still carry a Felon or Enforcer for longer drives into the wind, but the Resistor is a great OS mid/fairway type distance disc. Works well with the forehand also.

I switched over from the Banshee to the Resistor myself about a year, year and a half ago. Great, great disc. On a hard throw it'll fly straighter longer before the fade kicks in than the Banshee, but it has at least as much HSS and super reliable LSS as well. It's perfect on low lines and it completely slays the wind. It's completely locked its spot down in my bag.

Edit: And yeah, as Big Sky said, I've never had one that wasn't perfectly flat.

beefy, flat, skippy goodness. One of my best utility fairways to date.

I threw a puddle topped one that was amazing for thumbers. very OS

pretty inconsistent. they beat in super quick. out of the box they are like a seasoned dx teebird. kinda straight but cant handle a wind worth a damm. still waiting for mvp to finally make a legit overstable disc. i had a few and they were all pretty flippy so its not a fluke.

good luck OP.

pretty inconsistent. they beat in super quick. out of the box they are like a seasoned dx teebird. kinda straight but cant handle a wind worth a damm. still waiting for mvp to finally make a legit overstable disc. i had a few and they were all pretty flippy so its not a fluke.

good luck OP.

I'm assuming your joking right? :|

j cassidy quit bein wack dawg. all discs fade when you only throw 150' mane and really we aint talking about that **** are we doe?

Yes. Yes. Yes. This is why I love my Zone. I have two Champion Banshees and they both have large domes that give them way too much glide and they don't come out of my hand clean. I've seen several Banshees and they all have this dome as well. Looking for a consistently flat OS fairway.

Back in the good old days Banshee's came out real flat. Although those days are long gone no one really bought up the light ones. I have bought some really flat 150 class champ Banshee's recently and they are still available if you search hard enough.

I am finding it more necessary to have a heavier one though, and I'm not paying high bucks for older heavier flat ones. Looking like I'll have to go either Trident or Resistor soon.

Resistors are the nuts. The light ones make an awesome touch-flick disc. Overstable enough to be consistent in all sorts of conditions, but the forward fade allows you to power down without having it dump. They also make the absolute best forehand roller disc.

Resistors are the nuts. The light ones make an awesome touch-flick disc. Overstable enough to be consistent in all sorts of conditions, but the forward fade allows you to power down without having it dump. They also make the absolute best forehand roller disc.

I'm excited for mine to show up in the mailbox. Can't wait to use it next weekend and find out if it will find a spot in my bag. My crazy hope is that it might knock out the Banshee & Wasp. Always trying to condense the amount of molds I use while having everything covered.

I'm excited for mine to show up in the mailbox. Can't wait to use it next weekend and find out if it will find a spot in my bag. My crazy hope is that it might knock out the Banshee & Wasp. Always trying to condense the amount of molds I use while having everything covered.

Dnt count on that. The resistor will skip too much and require too much pop to get moving to steal a ton of lines from the wasp. Also have to have the straight to fade mid in the bag.

Mine fills the OS role as a mid and fairway. Great get out of trouble disc too. No need for an OS mid with this in my bag.

Latest posts