• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Returning discs

PhattD

Eagle Member
I think I must sound like a serial killer on the phone or something, because I have yet to actually get n touch with someone about a disc I have found. I mean it hasn't been alot of discs but at least 3 that have had valid readable phone numbers. I've left multiple messages at each one and never gotten a call back. I'm not counting discs of people I know cuz I always get their discs back in person. If you got a phone message that said "Hey I found your disc on hole 6 today call me if you want it back." wouldn't you at least call back?

You'd think. Happens to me more often than not, too. Not complaining, though... new discs, guilt-free!

Only the latest disc I found wasn't replied to by the owner. My call went to a answering machine. So I'm getting the killer voice :)

I'm just the opposite. I leave multiple messages saying, "I got your message. Yes I want my disc back. Please call me back or leave it in the local course's lost and found." Yet I never get a call or my disc back. :x

I only leave one message if I find a disc. If they want it, they'll call back. There's no need to call more than once unless there's something about the disc that makes it really special. If someone doesn't bother to return a call they're saying it doesn't matter to them. If they DO call back, I'll go out of my way to leave it somewhere, ship it to them, or whatever.

I travel a lot and my phone number changes all the time. So I also put my e-mail address on my discs, and some of them only have an e-mail address...the first test is coming up to see whether somebody would e-mail me, since I lost an Avenger SS having ESP plastic and only my name and e-mail (at least I don't think this has a phone number).

Dogma said:
I only leave one message if I find a disc. If they want it, they'll call back. There's no need to call more than once unless there's something about the disc that makes it really special. If someone doesn't bother to return a call they're saying it doesn't matter to them. If they DO call back, I'll go out of my way to leave it somewhere, ship it to them, or whatever.
Yeah I will go out of my way a little extra to return especially nice discs. On the other hand, if it's some base plastic beat up junker it's not really even worth making a phone call, and you only pick it up for the sake of clearing litter off the course.

good point, I have a couple calls to make now on beat DX that's been sitting in my closet for a week :)

I have gotten called back on the 2 discs I have found with numbers. The one guy was still on the course, so that was easy. The other guy is going to give me a call next time he comes this way to play.

Maybe the people not calling you back have changed their phone numbers or don't play anymore. It would be nice to get a call back though.

I don't know about some of you, but I'd rather get a call on my seasoned DX disc than my brand new Champion plastic one which is easily replaceable. Not saying new discs are less important, just trying to make the point that a beat up DX disc could be someone's favorite driver or something.

I always call back the person who found a disc, in most cases I tell them enjoy the disc hope you like it. Only time I'd actually want it back si if I wrote reward for return under it, and it's a disc I really want back.

I call once, you have 2 weeks to call me back, if you don't call me back it's in the trade pile.

I found my first disc with a name on it since the summer today. A max weight Champ Firebird. The number was faint but readable, so I got my phone out and gave him a call. Turns out the guy has never been to Texas. :lol:

Any of you Denver guys know a Jack Scott?

brennan said:
I found my first disc with a name on it since the summer today. A max weight Champ Firebird. The number was faint but readable, so I got my phone out and gave him a call. Turns out the guy has never been to Texas. :lol:

Any of you Denver guys know a Jack Scott?

Yup, friend of mine. He's a great guy. He used to live on the Western Slope and then moved to Montana.