• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] River - Opto vs Gold Ice

The Mickstar

Berg Gang
Can anyone compare a fresh Opto River to a fresh Gold Ice River?

My Opto River is getting a little flippy, so I was thinking about picking up a fresh one. And I see that there are Gold Ice Rivers available now.

I don't own any La64 Gold plastic, but I believe it's generally less stable than Opto. I'm guessing Gold X is probably more stable than regular Gold (like VIP X is more stable than regular VIP), so probably pretty close to Opto.

I am also concerned that Gold X may beat-in faster than Opto (which I don't want).

Me tooa

I was wondering the same thing! Except my opto river is strait and not as flippy as i wanted and am wondering if the gold ice will be more or less flippy than opto.

I was wondering the same thing! Except my opto river is strait and not as flippy as i wanted and am wondering if the gold ice will be more or less flippy than opto.

My Opto was straight when new. It's just starting to get a little floppy after ~5 months. I use it a lot. It's one of my favorite discs.

If you take the chance on a Gold Ice, let me know how it compares to your Opto, please.

Latest posts