• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Roc throwers, what other mids are in your bag?

I run the comet roc set up frank suggested. I switched to it a while ago per his advise and haven't looked back. The Comet is an awesome disc and the Roc compliments it perfectly. I have a very light z comet, a heavy z, and then a beat and new KC Roc. The comet is my primary but the beat Roc takes its place in wind and the new Roc holds overstable utility duties.

This combo covers everything better than any other mid combo I've come across. The Roc in various stages of wear is nice also though.

re: cro

and it stops dead in its tracks when it hits the ground..

I'm not telling anyone to not use a cro just to be clear, I am saying that a cro and roc will overlap quite a bit and don't need to be in the same bag.

re: what frank said

this, it's why the cro and stingray are working themselves out of my bag ;)

2 rocs
, an 11x that holds any line
a old dx that pulls right naturally. Annys
a fr gator. For shots i need to stay hyzer n not flip up
and occasionally a proline gremlin but i consider it a fairway driver

Well a Cro is faster but doesn't glide like a Roc. That is why I think they could be a good combo.

I have a DX roc that i'm beating in, a seasoned kc pro roc, FlX buzz and Z buzz (wont flip over with power like my rocs), Z comet barely thrown, and i would call my champ rhyno a mid just because I really only throw it when its a 200+ ft shot.

dx roc I have been using in woods for finesse shots, kc pro roc for 80% shots all around. FLX/Z Buzzz I will use for driving or big hyzers and sometimes anhyzers or anything that is a dead straight shot or low ceiling. Was mainly a buzzz man so used them for everything, just now working back into the rocs. I'm sure after a few rounds i can weed out the unnecessary.

Agreed i used to carry cros n rocs all the time. ZGREAT combo. Do they overlap? Sure most mids do. I base the cro rocs on glide speed n plantability

Currently my only Roc is a 164g KC Pro. This is my straighest flying mid, but it's not stable enough anymore for headwinds. For that I'm using a Z Buzz, but I want to replace it with a new (prob heavier) Roc. Also have an X Comet, that I'm lovin more every day and a pretty beat in Dx Shark that I use for short range rollers which it works pretty well for.

Question... Do you consider a Classic Roc a Roc?

completely different discs...

classic rocs are 21.2cm and have a completely different bead. also they are very very flat topped...almost boxy to the edge..

rocs are 21.7cm and have the standard roc bead and the tops vary from domey to flat ..

Latest posts