• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Roc throwers, what other mids are in your bag?

I throw a Roc and a Mako. The Mako is struggling to keep its spot in my bag. We'll see how it holds up against my x-mas MD2/Comet...

Comet and Cobra.

Comet for most stuff that needs to finish right and Cobras just fly so straight.

KC Pro Roc
Fuse

glo buzzz and star coyote seem to come in and out of my bag

the Roc and Fuse seem to work unless its a terribly windy day

I have:

3 Rocs (180g, 174g, 148g)
1 Star Stingray (extreme turnovers)
1 Z Buzzz (It seems a little more stable than any of my rocs)

Star Rancho Roc - main mid - hyzer, annys, whatever
12x KC Pro Roc - backup
Star Cro - mainly hyzer shots, less distance
Z Glo Buzzz - super straight shots, ace runs

holy crap people, trim down those mids.

Also I carry rocs and comet, that's about it.
I was starting to think that I was insane! Thx for saying something. I carry two mids (not including my putter) a Ch shark & a Ch Gator. I know this post is for Roc stars but I couldn't help but notice how many mids were in peoples bags. I throw a shark for control/lines & a gator for a stable freak.

I carry 4 mid ranges in my bag.

1. Super Roc- Straight shots with a lot of fade. Pretty much brand new, so a little overstable.
2. Elite Z Buzzz- Straight shots, wont get any fade if I put a lot of snap on it.
3. Ive been experimenting with the Buzzz SS- Good "S" shots, already hit the basket for an almost ace with it :)
4. Elite Z Hornet- Hyzer or skip shots.

In addition to my 180g R-Pro Roc, I also have the following "mids" in my bag right now:

2 Pro Pigs
Star Gator (on a trial run right now)

I know the pigs are technically putters, but I use them as my go-to disc for most approach shots and drives in the 80'--250' range. The older Pig is $$$ right now. Still a little overstable, but I love it. I also use it for putting in windy conditions, more than 15 MPH, which happens often at my home course.

My Roc is used mostly for anhyzer shots & wooded holes up to around 250ish.

Less than 80', I typically throw a Wizard or a Magic.

FLX buzzz I use for tee off shots, I cannot for the life of me tee off with my roc, I use it for "fairway" midrange shots.

That's the same way I am. FLX Buzzz for drives, Roc for fairway or upshots, Demon for more overstablilty.

Aftershock, for shots I need to finish straighter with less fade. Considering a comet or meteor for annies, leaning towards the meteor.

The other day I lost the Cro that was the overstable compliment to the Rocs in my bag. When I realized I didn't miss it, I didn't spend too much time looking for it. I've been thinking for a while about trying out a Wasp, but haven't gone there yet. Right now the three Rocs are the only mids in my bag, but I also have a couple of Vibram putters that I will tee off with on holes around 200' or less.

I carry an MRX when I want a little more overstable and a Cobra for understable. Also carry a couple Stingrays buy they're primarily for rollers.

i carry from most stable to least stable. 5 Rocs all rancho
Champ roc
flat 11x kc pro soft roc
glow dx roc
12x KC pro Roc new
beat 12x kc pro rocs...flippy

thinking about adding a Buzzz but not sure what it would do for me other than replace the beat 12x kc pros?

Right now I'm working with mostly midranges and have 4 rocs in the bag.

180 R-Pro - So flippy, hyzer flip and still finishes right
175 Kc Pro - can handle full power drives and still finishes left
175 kc pro - Real slow right turn the whole way
180 DX Rancho - dead straight, finishes straight