• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] ROC vs ROC3

Which do you prefer?

• Rancho Roc!

Votes: 134 37.5%
  • Roc3!

Votes: 116 32.5%
  • Rocs suck!

Votes: 19 5.3%
  • Show me the results!

Votes: 88 24.6%

• Total voters
DX Roc3s are available thru the Ice Bowl.

Ordered 30 for the IB that i'm running and got 29 @ 180 grams and ONE @ 176 grams.

Took the 176 out yesterday and was very impressed with how flat it flies. This DX run is a bit gummier than normal so I'm hoping it'll be a bit more resilient.

^^^THIS! Add a buzzz in there somewhere and that's me too!

I keep a pro d buzz in the bag as well for hyzer flip duties. It's been taco'd three times now. Flips up and rolls right. Hope to get roc to that level at some point to replace it.

I have had a few dx rancho rocs sitting around for a while begging to be thrown. I went on a mold and premium plastic binge for a while and never gave m a fair shake. Decided the idea of cycling molds make more sees for consistent feel and release. I took all my mids to local pitch and putt and bucked them all repeatedly on a 180 and 220 ft hole. They are set up where you can just turn a lap around holes one and two with out a bunch of extra walking. I carry a mako III, stingray, shark III, and a wasp. My different ranges of stability are covered well, but the feel is vastly different between the discs. I had several ace runs on the 220 footer with the roc and the other discs wrote all over the place. I will probably keep the wasp and stingray in the bag for now , but the rest will be getting the boot. If I get a roc beat to a trusty turn over, the stingray will go away as well. But my wasp is Moore over stable than any roc and will have to stay. The roc was very workable and stupid smooth on both anny and hyzer lines. On the 220 shot , I had to start it out a tiny bit hyzer. it would slowly roll up to straight then fall back into the most smooth hyzer line I have ever seen. The glide was beautiful and I am pumped to reduce my molds and get some rocs cycling.

I have had a few dx rancho rocs sitting around for a while begging to be thrown. I went on a mold and premium plastic binge for a while and never gave m a fair shake. Decided the idea of cycling molds make more sees for consistent feel and release. I took all my mids to local pitch and putt and bucked them all repeatedly on a 180 and 220 ft hole. They are set up where you can just turn a lap around holes one and two with out a bunch of extra walking. I carry a mako III, stingray, shark III, and a wasp. My different ranges of stability are covered well, but the feel is vastly different between the discs. I had several ace runs on the 220 footer with the roc and the other discs wrote all over the place. I will probably keep the wasp and stingray in the bag for now , but the rest will be getting the boot. If I get a roc beat to a trusty turn over, the stingray will go away as well. But my wasp is Moore over stable than any roc and will have to stay. The roc was very workable and stupid smooth on both anny and hyzer lines. On the 220 shot , I had to start it out a tiny bit hyzer. it would slowly roll up to straight then fall back into the most smooth hyzer line I have ever seen. The glide was beautiful and I am pumped to reduce my molds and get some rocs cycling.

IMO the only way to throw rocs is in a cycle. Amazing glidey OS to super slow auto turnover, and dead straight in the middle. Just too good.

I found a Roc3 x out penned 153 scaled 163 at DTWorld, this thing is the most money Roc3 i've ever had. Super easy to throw and it still seems to hold up in the wind

I'll cast my vote with the Champion Roc3...
I just started throwing Rocs about a month ago. I've had a few for over a years but never liked them very much, but recently switched grips and found the Roc to be very reliable. I use the KC Roc and the Champion Roc3. Between the two types, I prefer the Roc3 because it flies further, has more stability, and goes where I want it to go much more reliably. It has a cool tendancy to skip or slide when I throw it too short, so it ends up at the basket anyway, and (for me) is very forgiving in that aspect.
Keep in mind that I throw 400-500 on drives, so the Roc is less stable for me than some people.

I am in love with the factory store pro roc 3 I have had in the bag since the week they released. At 176, it was the lightest mid I had in the bag for a while, but I have realized over time that I can do much more with a 175ish roc than a 180, especially right now with the wear in the sweet spot straight stage. I had always preferred flat top rancho dx and kcpro rocs in the past, so these are just like a new replacement.

Recently I threw a euro open 180g gstar roc3 in my bag, and I quickly realized I found my money disc for the woods and for mid range flick shots where my gator is too much (used a champ roc3 for this prior). I have since bought a nice flat orange production g* roc3 at 176 and have swapped that for the euro into my bag as my main go to mid. So now I carry a 170 dx ice bowl roc3 as my new light uphill disc, my trusty 176 factory store pro r3 for the stand still shapey shots, the g* 176 for full power and most bh throws and flicks, and still sometimes carry the champion roc3 176 that just has a good low speed fade if the wind is gusty.

I still use a few of my stock of flat top rancho rocs in the practice field, and I feel they fly almost identical to the roc3 especially pro roc3 vs flat kc roc. I have some heavy kc pro rocs that are a little more domey that are much more stable than any of my roc 3's but I rarely use them. I have a few beat up and evenly worn kc rocs that were my previous main mids, and I keep them to the side for when I want to carry a back up roc in a tournament or out of town that I can turn to if something gets lost or damaged that I know and love a lot.

I am all in on the Roc3s now. I carry a Champ, GStar, Pro, and DX. Like zmannz said, my favorite Roc before was a Flat-Top DX, and the Roc3s are exactly like Flat-Tops.

i need to try a lighter pro roc3. my 180g's are money but i'd like to see if a lighter roc3 will season into a turnover disc faster than the max weights.

I am all in on the Roc3s now. I carry a Champ, GStar, Pro, and DX. Like zmannz said, my favorite Roc before was a Flat-Top DX, and the Roc3s are exactly like Flat-Tops.

Of these - what are you using each for - and which is your favorite plastic?

Got a chance to toss my Rocs and Roc3 today. Lots of Rancho rocs, KC and DX. One Roc3 180 JL. Initially surprised by the stability of the Roc3. I really love them both but not hopping on the Roc3 yet. Definitely loving my lighter beat in KC and DX Rocs (172-176 gram). Just beautiful controlled flights. Rancho is staying for now.

Of these - what are you using each for - and which is your favorite plastic?

GStar and Pro are definitely my favorites right now, but I like them all. I haven't beat one in enough yet for turnovers, so I keep an old thrashed Flat-Top Rancho in the bag still.

Roc3 love :thmbup:

At the start of the season I decided to switch things up and take the Buzzz out of the bag in favor of a Glow Roc3 I got. I have fallen in love with my Roc3 and it is such a great disc for a workhorse mid. It flies well on every line and I throw it as much as possible. It quickly became one of my favorite discs and I can't see ever taking it out of the bag. Me likey.

I'm finally feeling like the main McPro Roc3 that I've been using all season is in a nice spot. Mostly dead straight with a little turnover if necessary. Hardly any fade at all unless I manage to botch the throw.

Only disc I've hit an ace with all year and it was an absolute frozen rope. Probably the most satisfying shot I've ever thrown in my entire time playing disc golf.

i was talking to a dude at the local course and he said he already broke a pro roc3 railing a tree with it. he said it was still slightly chilly out at that time but pretty recent for when they came out

DX Rancho Roc for me. Better glide and they get to the sweet spot much faster. I rearly don't care for the wide diameter of the Roc3s. It's still a good overstable mid but I prefer a new Z Buzzz to a Roc3.