• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Roc3x midrange

Those of you that need more overstability should try the Millennium Taurus. They're penned RX and fly really overstable.

Update: taking my Ti Buzzz out of the bag and trying the Star RocX3 in its place. My Ti Buzzz is relatively stable for a Buzzz, but I thought I'd see if the RocX3 and a bit more reliable fade will work better for me.

Those of you that need more overstability should try the Millennium Taurus. They're penned RX and fly really overstable.

I wouldnt say that the Taurus is really overstable. They are OS but they are not a gator or justice.

I wouldnt say that the Taurus is really overstable. They are OS but they are not a gator or justice.

Agree. Not a Gator or Zone or Harp or Justice. But it is a significantly more OS Rancho Roc, even as compared to the usual "beefy" Ranchos like 2004 and 2006 Champs and Kenny 4x.

For anyone that has always wanted a more OS Rancho Roc, and has carried around a Gator or whatever else because they couldn't find a really OS Roc, the Taurus fits the bill. Not a meathook. But significantly more OS than any Rancho Roc you own.

The Taurus also feels much better in the hand for me. With limited experience, the Star Rancho felt a bit bulky and a bit floppy in a way whereas the RocX3 felt plussy and awkward to grip.

Yes. And more OS than a Star Rancho.

Whew that sounds pretty OS. Star Ranchos to me seemed needlessly OS when I would prefer to just bag some kind of specialty OS mid for trick shots alongside ranchos.

Whew that sounds pretty OS. Star Ranchos to me seemed needlessly OS when I would prefer to just bag some kind of specialty OS mid for trick shots alongside ranchos.

he only Star Ranchos that I;ve thought to be really OS are the '01 remakes--all gummy and flat.

he only Star Ranchos that I;ve thought to be really OS are the '01 remakes--all gummy and flat.

Mine has a massive dome, max weight production stiff star from a couple years ago. Flies slowwww and OS like I'm throwing a sesame seed hamburger bun. :|

Question: has anyone thrown both the Champion and Star RocX3s and can compare their flights and stabilities? TIA.

Update: taking my Ti Buzzz out of the bag and trying the Star RocX3 in its place. My Ti Buzzz is relatively stable for a Buzzz, but I thought I'd see if the RocX3 and a bit more reliable fade will work better for me.

Didn't work out so well. I put the Buzzz back in the bag. The RocX3 is not very overstable, didn't do so well un the wind.

Anybody know how much more or less OS the rocx3 is compared to a mf roc3

It's a little more OS than a flat Star Roc3. I found that a Z Wasp worked better for me, but I'd like to get a Taurus and see if it is more of what I'd like.